jeniminx

Garden design

jeniminx
7 år siden
Would really appreciate some advice re our garden. It's not very big unfortunately but is truly awful. We've been concentrating on the house interior which is nearly finished so need to start thinking about outdoor space! We have two big dogs so are considering artificial grass and a kennel for daytime. Also need General storage and seating/eating area for family use. Thanks in advance!
Forgot to say the tree has been removed since these pics were taken.

(5) kommentarer

• susanglascoed
    7 år siden
    Get rid of as much clutter as possible, group what's left and try to hide/disguise it somehow. Find the sunniest spot in your garden and that's your sitting out area. Don't make it too small, you'll regret it. Dogs and artificial grass won't mix I don't think (poo and pee!) and so I think you'd be better off with paving, leaving space for some planting which should be as generous as you dare. Small bits of planting look very scrappy. I'd favour tall grasses and late flowering perennials for summer into autumn planting underplanted with bulbs for the spring. You may prefer shrubs. Please no roses. Good luck.
  • Oriolus Oriolus
    7 år siden
    Agree with advice above about placing the seating area and that artificial grass absolutely does not mix with dogs! If you can afford it, all over paving with raised beds are probably the easiest option long term, but you could also lay most of it to lawn. What are the dimensions?
  • jeniminx
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Firstly apologies about the duplicate posts above not sure how to delete them. Was advised by a number of gardeners that artificial grass is great so dogs as long as you pick up poo and hose down once a week. All the current fencing and storage will be replaced anyway. Was thinking of putting the shed and kennels across the back of the garden? Would like some plants but they'd have to be very tall beds otherwise the dogs will ruin them.
  • susanglascoed
    7 år siden
    You could enclose a grasses/late flowering perennials planting with picket fencing to keep the dogs off and for a rural look. Big grasses are very robust. Though raised beds would look good too, they wouldn't present much of a challenge to two large dogs and will require bags and bags of topsoil to fill them, all of which will have to be carried through the house unless you have a back gate, very hard and dirty work. I think the dogs would destroy a lawn very quickly. You have a very attractive garden space. Will putting all your bits and pieces along the back fence in full view really be a good idea?
  • PRO
    Alexandra Froggatt Design
    7 år siden
    Good morning! Artificial lawn is fine with Pets. Opt for a shorter grass rather than long and remove waste promptly plus hosing down to keep clean. Painting any new fencing and shed in soft colours (sage green or pale grey) always elevates the materials. Raised beds are ideal if you have pets as it may offer the planting some protection. Decorative trellis (horizontal slats for a contemporary look or squares for traditional) combined with climbing plants is an effective way to disguise any practical elements. You could create a focal point to draw the eye and a modest patio (sawn sandstone for modern or Indian riven sandstone for classic) near the house. Repeat topiary in simple pots to add elegance. I hope this helps
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.