ade81458

Masonite Doors

A T
7 år siden

Can anyone speak about the quality of Masonite doors?

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    7 år siden
    Performs like any other door in its category and made as good as competitor ( Masonite doors most popular and most used doors in the industry)
  • PRO
    HERR window & door
    7 år siden

In our Experience Masonite doors are on the extreme lower end of the fiberglass door spectrum.

They have had issues with performance in the past, they say they have addressed these issues, but we cannot in good conscience install them at this time. Overall performance depends on the climate you live in. We are in Northern Canada and have not seen them perform well, they have extreme Thermal bow and warping. They are a very popular door, but this is primarily price point driven. If you are looking at flipping a property without care to longevity and envelope sealing, a Masonite door could be a reasonable investment.

A recommendation for a door that will not break the bank would be Fiber Craft door from Therma Tru which is a significantly better made door.

• Juan Carlos Perez
    7 år siden

I agree, we just bought and installed 9 Masonite doors and they are horrible! To begin with not one arrived from factory as per specifications. Quality of manufacturing is horrible!

We had to spend a fortune adjusting the doors (even though they were framed) to make them work. The alternative was to return them and wait another 5 weeks and hope this time they went from 100% of doors with defects, to say 50%...?

Then is the issue with the color. Wrong color match between frame and doors. Masonite gave us a color at Lowes and another color at Home Depot. Non which worked. We asked them to send us a gallon of paint or at least give us the reference of the product (brand and number) so we can match them. No luck. The incompetence of their service department is as bad as their products.

So net/net, stay away... FAR AWAY from Masonite; which in my humble opinion, must be one of the worst door companies in the market.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.