redalley

Fireplace Wall - help!

redalley
7 år siden

(11) kommentarer

• auntthelma
    7 år siden

Nice house!!!

I would like to see a mantle. Thick, natural wood.

redalley thanked auntthelma
  • groveraxle
    7 år siden

What's going on with the tile?

• arvilla_trag
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Groveraxle nailed it.

redalley thanked arvilla_trag
  • redalley
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

@Groveraxle, it's amazing that you suggested this particular fireplace design. We just saw this pic on Houzz and fell in love with it. Thank you so much for inserting it into our home pic so we an visualize it. Re: the fireplace tile, we just replaced the floors throughout the house and were told by the installer that it would be best to have the wood go all the way to the hearth so the new tile we install can sit on top of the wood.

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Well, instead of reinstalling the tiles, go get yourself some real stone veneer and some large format tiles and a big ol' timber mantel and do 'er up right. ;-)

• User
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Grover, that's genius.

• redalley
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Our grey/white kitchen overlooks the fireplace. Would you recommend more of a grey color scheme for the stone veneer and large format tiles instead of the browns shown in the pic?

• groveraxle
    7 år siden

Sure. For big permanent objects like fireplaces, you can never go wrong going more neutral.

redalley thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    S&M Construction
    7 år siden
    Do a 2cm black Granite Back splash. It will make the room look bigger and as value to your home.
  • PRO
    Deleap L.L.C
    7 år siden

You can also do brick or natural stone. Also dark paint can make it nice. What is the style that you like?!!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.