sajsheth

Issues with maintenance or warping?

sajsheth
7 år siden
So looks like these floors have been installed for about 6 years now. Do you find any issues due to the use of solid wood that is wide plank? Is it easy to clean and maintain? We are considering using Graf Bro solid white oak as well.
Wide Plank White Oak Floor · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Magnus Anderson Hardwood Floors
    7 år siden

Hi, Thank you for your question. This floor is still beautiful six years later. The homeowner has a whole-house humidifier, which is important in our dry climate, to maintain consistent humidity in the home. It's also important to acclimate the wood in your home for a few weeks, so that when they install the wood, you should see less expansion and contraction of the boards. The homeowner also cleans the floor according to our instructions. You don't want to use a lot of water on a wood floor. You also don't want to use any cleaner with a wax or oil in it. We recommend Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. The darker the floor, the more it will show dirt, so keep that in mind when you're picking a stain color. I personally have a darker stained floor, and I love it, but I'm definitely cleaning it more often!

I hope that helps!

Kathy

• rbdmcv4295
    7 år siden

what is the wood and original finish - gorgeous. RB

• PRO
    Magnus Anderson Hardwood Floors
    7 år siden

Thank you! The wood is wide plank white oak, the stain is nutmeg, and we finished it with a water-based finish.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.