belinda_maurer24

Main bedroom bed space

Belinda M
7 år siden
After ideas on where you would place the bed in this room? It is a main bedroom and we were going to place the bed against the en suite wall but due to having to bring the wardrobes into the room it has moved the en suite door along thus making that wall shorter.

I thought maybe a wall in front of the wardrobe at the bottom creating a walk around wardrobe, but I think then the bed would jut out into the entry space, not sure if this would be an issue other than for looks?

Also would love people’s views on face sliding doors for bedrooms. How are they for sound/air sealing and privacy?

(9) kommentarer

• Vy
    7 år siden

or if you want to retain the window then pop the shower lengthwise, door into bathroom from hall way..vanity and toilet where your little window is

that way you can have a proper door to the bedroom and bathroom and a wall for your bed against the ensuite

• Vy
    7 år siden

if you have a normal door to bedroom can be 700-800mm probably need to extend that ensuite wall

• Belinda M
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Door from hallway is probably going to be he best option and put bedroom door just before that and a cavity slide for en suite door.
    Don't want to change the hallway width so might have to have a big door??
  • PRO
    Alisco Designs
    7 år siden

"I thought maybe a wall in front of the wardrobe at the bottom creating a walk around wardrobe, but I think then the bed would jut out into the entry space, not sure if this would be an issue other than for looks?"

You don't really have the width to do this... being that you want atleast 3m for the bed to sit against imo (3m if bed & bedside tables). leaving only 600 which isn't enough to get around into the robe.

Knowing the size of the windows may help with a solution (i.e. if w06 a high window could bed go under?). Also, the room being only 4390 overall means that between the robe & 1200wide sliding door you only have 2.5m approx.

As above, move the bedroom entry door to the other side of the ens. and move the ens. door into the hall, but you may still be tight for room. You could move the robe to against the ens. to end with a 3x4.3 approx. room?? Just another option for you to consider.

• lindarath
    7 år siden

In theory, the bed should always be opposite the entrance of the room.

• Belinda M
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    This is the solution we have come up with. We have increased the room slightly to allow more room for the bed on the southern wall
  • Vy
    7 år siden

a much better orientation ..love it..

• bigreader
    7 år siden
    Love it. Exactly like the picture in my head.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.