bonnie202

Kitchen island

bonnie202
7 år siden
Hello there I'm looking for ideas for my island. The design of my kitchen has changed so now there's a lot of space at my island. It needs something I'm thinking breakfast bar and seating either in walnut wood or quartz, the same as what I have which would look better? Any advise?

(31) kommentarer

• PRO
    OnePlan
    7 år siden
    The same colour as the entrance doors might work well - and would be kinder to elbows than cold Quartz !
  • Mariamni Heracleous
    7 år siden
    can' t see the hole space around the kitchen, I 'm more for a round or oval table same colour with doors and white chairs.
  • PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Maybe it's just the lighting but the island looks different colour to the rest of the kitchen. The island looks more grey / beige, warm grey that sits well with the flooring and the kitchen itself a cool grey. ?? I'd paint the internal doors the same colour as the island, as they stick out somewhat. Add a breakfast bar width top to the island and put some nice stools up to it. Job done! I did a mock up with the island the same colour as the doors, but it doesn't look right to me.

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Here is another pic to get a better idea of the space, ideas on the stools would be great also.
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Here are a few more pics to get a better idea of the space, ideas on the stools would be great also thanks.
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for the comments. My island is the same colour as the kitchen so I would keep this the same I reckon, I just want to extend my island as there is so much space around it now. Also my lovely dining table which was made by my other half is a darker wood I have yet to buy dining chairs and other furniture we're not in the house too long. Ideas on any of these would be much appreciated.
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi Joy. Lovely room. I think even if you extend the island and add stools, it looks as if you will be left with a big space but that could be the camera angle.

Could you move the table there and add more seating where the table is when budget allows? I'd go for quartz for the island. This stool is from cox and cox. Have you considered painting your dining chairs? They could look great in a colour to complement the units

• LTS
    7 år siden
    Lovely kitchen & space. I've seen Atlantic recommended on here for bar stools http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/bar-stools/?gclid=CN67nO7a0cwCFUmeGwodw0EPsA
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Sorry I was too slow posting! Is this your main dining space ie do you want upholstered chairs for comfort? Can you take another pic just of the table?

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for the advise all, minnie101 I had my dining table in this area and unfortunately it felt too cramped also u can't see from the pic but there's a double sided stove on the back wall so it got quite warm in the winter. So we decided to move the dining area to the sunroom which feels much better, I now can make this more of a formal dining room with the big table and 6-8 chairs. I will post up more pics of the table etc later to give you a better idea. Thanks
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Ok so here's more images to teas your brains :)
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi. If you want something formal you could go for upholstered chairs with buttons or studs or even leather chairs like this. I think any number of styles will work. Are you wanting something neutral? Is the table oak? (I'm useless on wood!). I would tie the chairs legs in either to the grain or one of the colours in the wood. Out of interest have you tried the table the other way round? Perhaps you could create a small seating arrangement in front of the stove?

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Great suggestions Minnie101 I've been looking for chairs like these but I'm finding it hard to get them they're fab! We tried putting our table several ways in the space near the island it never seemed to look right what do u think of the idea of this island?
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

I'll see if I can find that link again. Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant the table in the sunroom but the other way round. I do like this island but if you want to fill that space I wonder if it's better to have a bar that overhangs the island especially if you go for a darker wood as your eyes will be drawn to that. nothing that completely overhangs though as I'm not sure of the distance between your island and units if that makes any sense!

• Kat
    7 år siden
    May I ask what the dimensions of your kitchen space is?
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    If I put the table the other way Minnie101 do you mean to put seating in front of the big window? Yes kattran the dimensions are 3 mtrs from the island to the back wall and it's 3.5 in width
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Do you think using walnut is a better option if I make a breakfast bar at the island?
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    7 år siden
    Yes !
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

If it fits (!) just turn the table around so it's still aligned under the light and move the chair to where the tea for two art is so you've got a nice reading spot looking out at the view. Try it anyway and see what you think/if its fits. I think the walnut could look nice, another kitchen similar in tones to yours. Perhaps just add a couple of dark wood chopping boards on the kitchen worktop. Oops I forgot to look for those chairs!

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Yes I plan to put another chair at the area where the tea for two sign is and one at either side of the big window. I'll move the table around a bit to see what suits but at the moment it looks best this way i think. Thanks for the ideas :)
  • Grace Bloggs
    7 år siden
    I like the idea of a dark wood breakfast bar matching your table and internal doors with stools, a small sofa in the space, and moving that arm chair out of your sun/dining room or putting it somewhere else. Such a lovely space that you've got!
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Hi there

I'm back with more pics! Have followed some of your advise I'm in the process of finding some walnut for the breakfast bar and some stools. I also changed the layout of my dining area and a couch would fit against the window. Here are some ideas in thinking of any advise is appreciated :)
  • turquoisetree53
    7 år siden

I really love your dining table and chairs (clever 'other half'). Could he build another one, same height, same lovely wood, (maybe a bit shorter) which you could place at right angles to the island - to give you loads of worktop space, areas to place things before you take them to your dining area. etc. (Maybe work out a way to have a nice lamp on it to make it cosy.)

And that you can then attach it, to your big table to make a really magnificent long banquet dining table for high days and holidays?

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks turquoisetree53 good idea although I think I would prefer a permanent seating area at my island and at my island level, it's right in front of the kitchen window which has a lovely view also I would still have extra worktop space. Thanks for the comment
  • PRO
    Leicht UK
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Leicht Kitchens Design Centre

Hi Joy,

Great to see such a beautiful open room.

At the Leicht Kitchens Design Centre, we have integrated breakfast bars into the island which add more space for seating and preparations, adds sociability into the kitchen, and looks dynamic and contemporary.

Pennycook · Mere information

• bonnie202
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks Leicht Kitchens Design Centre I thought about doing this initially In the end we decided we wanted to have a separate dining area with more seating. Also seating at the island level is nice because it faces the kitchen window which has a nice view. Thanks for your comment
  • PRO
    Leicht UK
    7 år siden

Good luck with all your interior designs, Joy! Have a nice day :)

• PRO
    Broadway Bespoke Kitchens
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

'New England' - Bespoke Furniture Range · Mere information

'New England' - Bespoke Furniture Range · Mere information

Here's one we made earlier!!! If you need our help, give us a call.

• LTS
    6 år siden
    Hi Joy did you add a walnut breakfast bar? If so, how did you attach it? Many thanks
  • bonnie202
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Yes LTS I did here’s the result
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.