sarah_price7699

Do I need window treatments?

Sarah Price
7 år siden
I like the look without window treatments but does it look too bare and unfinished?

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    SimpleDecoratingTips.com
    7 år siden

Hi Sarah :)

I have a couple of thoughts... first regarding your window treatment question... Function first then form... do you need privacy or light control on that window? if so, the answer is clearly yes, you need window treatments. If not, then it's totally up to you and your eye for treatments... it has a nice open feel now, more of a minimalist feel.

The 2nd thought I had was if it would make more sense in your furniture arrangement to trade the sofa and chaise with each other. I can't totally see the chaise in the picture, but it looks like it's asymmetrical which would be perfect for sitting in front of the window in an asymmetrical position, like how the sofa is currently. (in other words, I don't care for the sofa sitting off center like that, but so close to the window. ;) )

Looks like a cute space... love the white!

Liz SimpleDecoratingTips.com

• Carol Singletary
    7 år siden
    Lovely windows with a nice view. No need for window treatments unless people hate the dark holes at night. What do YOU want?
  • Sarah Price
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for your thoughts! I will try and move around the couch and chaise when my hubby comes home; great idea. Like I said I do like the look and I'm lucky that it is very private.
  • susanalanandwrigley
    7 år siden

We have a private backyard and only use window treatments in the back of the hosue for light control when needed (those windows face east, so really just in morning). We have cellular shades on the windows for that purpose, and at the moment no other window treatments on any of those windows. Used to have balloon shade over the cellular in our FR (which is a large window similar to yours), only becuase we kept the previous owner's, but we recently took it down. Might eventually put something up to soften the window but I like the light that comes in so it will be minimal, maybe a swag or something. If you don't need the window covering for light control or privacy, I think it is fine to leave it as is!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.