bkim0222

Need help choosing electrical options on new construction home

Mega Bear
7 år siden
sidst ændret:7 år siden

I just bought a new home and it's now entering a phase where I need to select electrical options soon, and I need some help because I don't know if I'm getting ripped off or not. Note that the home is being built in Southern California.

1. I probably won't get an alarm system because frankly there's nothing valuable at home that insurance can't cover, but I thought maybe it's still worth it just to feel safe.

"Essential Alarm System" - $1620 (fair price?)

1 Honeywell Vista 15P Six Zone Master Control Panel with Backup Battery

2 Honeywell 6150 Fixed English LCD Keypad (Garage Door, Master Bedroom)

1 Honeywell Aurora Motion Sensor

All Accessible Doors and Windows Magnetically Contacted

1 RJ31X Telephone Interface Jack

2. Below are options that I'm reaaally struggling with. I am considering getting the second option where they Prewire for flat panel and install Versabox pre-construction. Should I also ask them to install a wall mount?

"Installation of Flat Panel Prewire" - $450

"Installation of Flat Panel Prewire plus Versa Box in wall" - $840

"Installation of Flat Panel Prewire plus Versa Box plus fixed wall mount for TV and IR repeater" - $1140

"Installation of Flat Panel Prewire plus Versa Box plus articulating wall mount for TV and IR repeater" - $1330

3. Is below really necessary? I've gotten Direct TV without having to do below before.

"Satellite Ready Package" - $350

(4) RG6 Quad Shield Cables to attic for future DSS Satellite Dish or local antenna and 1 upgraded universal outlet at the media niche for phone data and multiple TV solutions before drywall

4. Right now I get 2x Cable TV Outlets & 2x CAT-5E Phone Outlet in Master and Kitchen. I want to get 2x more of each in two more bedrooms, which will cost $160 x4 = $640. However they also offer below, and I'm not sure if I should just get below instead, and this will cover RG6 Quad Shield as well, I think.

"Structured Wiring System, Home Office and Network" - $1930

1 ON-Q 20 Inch Central Distribution Center (Master Bed Closet)

2 RG6 Quad Shield Coaxial Cables from the utility entrance (Side of house) to CDC

2 CAT5E Cables from the utility entrance (Side of house) to CDC

1 RG6 Quad Shield Coaxial Cable from CDC to all TV locations in home

2 CAT5E Cables from the CDC to all Telephone locations in home

4 RG6 Quad Shield Coaxial Cable from the CDC to attic location (Future Dish Location)

1 CAT5E Cable to the Media Center in Family Room and the TV location in Master Bedroom

3 CAT5E cables from the CDC to Tech Center or Home Office

1 ON-Q 1 X 8 Enhanced Telecom Module

1 ON-Q 1 X 6 Passive Video Module

All Telephone locations will have Dual Jacks, 1 Telephone, 1 Data

Much thanks in advance!

Brian

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Vancity Electric
    7 år siden

"Installation of Flat Panel Prewire plus Versa Box in wall" - $840 - Seems pricey could be DIY'd pretty easily. Or hire a guy separately

4. Right now I get 2x Cable TV Outlets & 2x CAT-5E Phone Outlet in Master and Kitchen. I want to get 2x more of each in two more bedrooms, which will cost $160 x4 = $640. However they also offer below, and I'm not sure if I should just get below instead, and this will cover RG6 Quad Shield as well, I think. - Again seems pricey to me. Up in Canada we do a LV run / jack for $100-$130 each. It should be cheeper for you.

Hope that helps. The TV mounts are extremely easy to install if your handy.

Cheers !

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.