avanti_ashtekar

Decorate Master bedroom help pls

Avanti Ashtekar
7 år siden
We are looking to decorate our master bedroom and would like to throw in some color and replace the bed to super king . It's a south facing room with lot of light and fairly spacious (15ft * 12ft).
Could you pls help me with few suggestions?
1. What bedcolor should I go for? Leather - White, brown or cream ? I'm planning to order the matching bedside tables from the wardrobe range.
2. Any ideas to throw him some color to the room and bring it to life. It's fairly neutral and dull at the moment.
Thanks much.

(12) kommentarer

• honeypoppet
    7 år siden

It looks as though the cabinets are cream, so definitely avoid white if that's the case. I would probably go for brown myself to avoid slight colour differences in the cream. It looks as though you have a blue wallpaper - will you be keeping this or replacing it?

• Avanti Ashtekar
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks. More details below pls.
    The wall paper is light green and fairly new so I would prefer to keep that in and adjust decor accordingly.
    Yes the carpets and curtains are taupe.
  • PRO
    The Room Company
    7 år siden

Best of luck on your project! Here is a bedroom we completed in Marylebone. I'd recommend something light and colorful!

Faraday House - Interior Design of new build in Marylebone · Mere information

• minnie101
    7 år siden

You could add navy and light blue to that scheme. Or sticking with the aubergine idea also add a darker shade of brown. Are you set on a leather bed?

• Avanti Ashtekar
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Not fixed on leather bed and open for suggestion. Which color would you suggest?
  • PRO
    Secret Linen Store
    7 år siden

If you want to add a bit of colour and life into the room why not try something different on your bed. If you pick a neutral or leather bed you can bring some character into the bedroom by selecting colourful or patterned bedding... It's easy and you can change it with the seasons (or your mood.)

Leafy Turquoise Bed Linen · Mere information

Pinecones Coffee Cream Bed Linen · Mere information

• Avanti Ashtekar
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks bed linen is definitely one idea I would consider. Any ideas on color of bed pls? The current one definitely has to go ..
  • PRO
    Sofas & Stuff
    7 år siden

Hi there,

Have you looked into a fabric bed? You can choose from thousands of fabric styles here at Sofas & Stuff to upholster your favourite bed in.

Here are some suggestions:

Lymechurch king size Bed in Barra Rust · Mere information

Islington king size Bed in Tyne Light Forest Green · Mere information

Domino king size Bed in Liberty Fresco Lagoon · Mere information

Rouen king size Bed in Antwerp Linen · Mere information

Hope this helps,

Sofas & Stuff

• minnie101
    7 år siden

Re bed it depends if you like any of the colour ideas. You could also mix dusty pink with taupe and green or just build on your existing scheme using different shades of those colours.

• PRO
    Caldicot Kitchen & Bathroom Centre
    7 år siden

Hi there, difficult to tell too much from the photo, but my guess is it is currently creams and dark browns. Aubergine is a good suggestion, with a hint of olive or (if you're brave!) lime green for a dash of subtle contrast (don't overdo it). Anther palette which works will with these base colours is peacock blue/teal with little splashes of copper and iridescent green. I'd try to get a hint of metallic threads in somewhere, and if it weren't for your feature wallpaper (with which it would clash), I'd add some bold Charles Rennie Mackintosh inspired curtains for texture and a touch of drama!

• Joanna C
    7 år siden
    As far as I can tell, you have cream and brown wardrobes. I'd go with a brown bed. The colour that could complement the colour well is rusty orange. You could incorporate that in the curtains, a rug and a picture above the bed. The feature wall would need to be repainted to match the rest of the walls.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.