pookie0207

what color or pattern to lengthen curtains?

Marie
7 år siden
Hi..what color or patterned fabric can I add to lengthen my curtains in the bedroom. the colors are silver grey and what appears to be a light tan color stripes.
I am revamping the bedroom and the main colors are espresso colored furniture , silver accents, so far.

(16) kommentarer

• Elle
    7 år siden

You could consider chocolate brown to complement the espresso furniture.

Marie thanked Elle
  • Marie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    great idea!..thank you for answering so quickly :)
  • daliartfan
    7 år siden

perfect!

• suezbell
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

As you are lengthening your curtains/drapes, please avoid adding too
    much -- that sloppy drag-the-floor fad looks truly awful and using a vac
    near it a real chore.

Chocolate brown? Nope -- dark and depressing and too obviously a patch.

Instead, pick a pattern that coordinates with your curtains. With silver gray and tan, consider either of the three as a background color with one of the other two as a pattern.

Suggest you consider adding the color to the TOP as a valance but attached to the curtains, perhaps
    even extending the valance down each side of the curtains/drapes

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FeasbcG4sL4/T77wX_Se-iI/AAAAAAAABOw/95Yl_3AE4Sc/s1600/IMG_8855.JPG

http://harold437.tripod.com/webonmediacontents/1485371.jpg?1455153699114

and do so by creating a
    rod pocket rather than adding a rag at the bottom -- and don't use a
    drastically different color; instead, pick a fabric that compliments the
    existing fabric, perhaps having the same color within the fabric
    pattern.Silver and beige geometric:

https://singularity-buyfabrics.s3.amazonaws.com/products/46804/images/46804_08967757-f168-4b78-a36e-de4f702269c0.jpg

Curtain Fabric - Acacia Beige/Silver Fabric with Silver Embroidered Swirl!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bf/a9/1c/bfa91c30f343d8522175b433e231ecff.jpg

Antique silver and straw print.

http://judytopkis.com/fabric2-05/floral_ydg_beige2.jpg

Marie thanked suezbell
  • havingfun
    7 år siden

between you and me, i love the "sloppy drag-the-floor" timeless look. and it is not outdated as some say, because all the places still have them. i think you just need to know how to use clothes pins. Lets see now that i have shown my awfulness, what were we saying? oh yes, how about using sheer at the top to let light in. saw recently very cool.

William Hefner Architecture Interiors & Landscape · Mere information
    no worries, be happy!

Marie thanked havingfun
  • Jane Slaton
    7 år siden

I would probably add a soft print in a color that coordinates with the stripe. It is easier to add at the bottom than the top. I might add a smaller band of the same fabric, overlay-ed not inset, either down the sides or across the body at another location. I would also use the fabric again on pillows somewhere else in the room. MEASURE very carefully keeping everything square is the difference between looking professional and slipshod.

Marie thanked Jane Slaton
  • Marie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I love all of your ideas...
  • PRO
    McFeely Window Fashions
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I would consider lengthening the curtains by adding fabric to the top portion! I think a patterned fabric would add a lot of interest and make the drapes look more custom! Maybe an espresso colored pattern?

• havingfun
    7 år siden

oh, 2 great places for fabric. Spoonflower.com - artist designed. fabric. com all the popular ones.

• partim
    7 år siden

I prefer the look of an inset near the bottom. The advantage of an inset is that you don't need to refinish the top or bottom hems.

My Houzz: DIY Love Reforms a Dated Cape Ann Home · Mere information

• havingfun
    7 år siden

just make 2 new ones?

• daliartfan
    7 år siden

Consider a darker drapery rod, put the dark fabric on the bottom,, keep the bottom off the floor a bit as dust clings and shows on dark fabric.

• daliartfan
    7 år siden

Since the drape has grommets ( very in right now) I think add to the bottom. Unless you are a very skilled seamstress, you might mess up trying to add closer to the top. You have lots of good ideas to consider.

• daliartfan
    7 år siden

Please post the drapes when you have finished so we can see your room!

• everdebz
    7 år siden

Options of where to sew it -- please post photo of your flooring? Sometimes the strip connects with color of the flooring... houzz photos have shown that.

Does that store sell another color of the same fabric -- in valance or scarf -- use that fabric.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.