margepr

Drape help

margepr
7 år siden

My window is 82" tall and I don't know if to buy 84" or 96" long drapes. If it were the 96 I would hang them about 12 inches above the window and then leave like 2 at the bottom. How does that sound? or should I buy 84s and hang them 2" above the window?

Bedroom Drapes · Mere information

(10) kommentarer

• Kris
    7 år siden

I'm not sure what the design world is saying these days but I think the whole "puddling" on the floor thing is out. (although two inches isn't bad) You look like you have tall ceilings so going 12 " above the frame would look okay too but if it were me, I would go with the 84's. Good luck!

• Bev
    7 år siden

I will also suggest the 84" drapes! They will work perfectly.

• creatureofchaos
    7 år siden
    Hang the drapes high and let them just "kiss" the floor. Don't get 84".
  • creatureofchaos
    7 år siden
    Also, if 96" ends up too long for some reason, just hem them. Even hiring that out is cheap.
  • shirlpp
    7 år siden

Yep, buy the 96", and hang them 12 to 14 inches above the window.

• PRO
    Patti Egan Rivera
    7 år siden

I would personally hang them at the height of the art above your bed which appears to be around the 12" above the window. Hanging them only 2 inches above the window will visually shorten the wall and barely gives room for the brackets to clear above the window. A nice break at the floor with the 2" is very acceptable. This is of course only my opinion... very nice room by the way!

margepr thanked Patti Egan Rivera
  • Kelley Dockrey
    7 år siden
    Have the panels hemmed to break at the floor or break no more than 0.5 inch from the floor.

I would prefer floor to ceiling panels.

http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/decorating/curtains-window-treatments/long-curtains
    margepr thanked Kelley Dockrey
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    7 år siden

Here are a few photographs of bedroom designs from our portfolio. They show the suggested height of drapes and where they hit on the floor.

Sleeping Quarters · Mere information

Sleeping Quarters · Mere information

Inman Park Bungalow · Mere information

• PRO
    McFeely Window Fashions
    7 år siden

Purchase the 96" inch drapes and hang them so there is just enough room for your hand (palm facing towards the floor) to fit under the bottom of the curtains. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.