sabbinico

Let us know what you think of these floor tiles!

Sabbini & Co.
7 år siden

Below is a small project of ours which is nearing completion. We have had mixed reviews about the colours of the tiles on social media so we would be interested in hearing what the Houzz community thinks. All opinions welcome!

(27) kommentarer

• PRO
    Rennew Traditional Building Materials
    7 år siden

The tiles are very much a statement design but would work brilliantly if styled correctly. The wooden staircase and doors with the light toned walls compliment the tile colours. Just keep the accessories, furniture and walls neutral and simple to avoid clashing. Thanks for sharing!

• headers13
    7 år siden

I agree with the above the tiles are lovely but do not go with the colour of the wood, the carpet, walls etc.

• frango1
    7 år siden
    Love them
  • vickybuttle
    7 år siden
    I think the colour of the tiles are fab. They aren't however suited for this style of property and belong in a victorian hallway
  • Jacqueline Lowdon
    7 år siden

I think they are beautiful. They need to take centre stage and agree, everything else needs to be plain & simple. A plain stair carpet or runner and plain walls, either baby blue or a pale off white.

• Jessica Taylor
    7 år siden

Agree - I like them but need to be in a space that is open and has a lot of neutral stone colour surrounding.

• E D
    7 år siden
    Lovely tiles but agree with most comments, try and find a way to integrate them better in the environment by adapting the walls etc.
    I would definitely paint the currently 'orange' woodwork.
    Good luck. Keep us posted of your decisions!
  • PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Really like the tiles, but as with everyone else, the walls, skirting and staircase are going to have to be white / off white, with the option of having a blue on the walls. However, too much blue and it's going to look very cold.

• User
    7 år siden
    Either the tiles have to go or you have a massive repaint job. If the rest of the house has the same colour woodwork, it might be better/easier to cover the tiles? Being honest, I like the tiles but sadly I don't like the shade of blue they are.
  • hollymoon
    7 år siden

I think you know these tiles don't go with the rest of the house! Keep the tiles and dump the orange wood and stair carpet. You'll sleep better at night.

• turquoisetree53
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Amazing - they evoke all kinds of exotic imagery....Moroccan, Mediterranean etc. Some of the environment will be better adapted. I would change the light fitting to something in theme. The wall facing you around the inner doir, to a lovely rich midnight- purple blue hue, perhaps?

• lynnrc
    7 år siden

I like the tiles, but I think they would be better in a bathroom. I agree with other comments that you need to decorate the area to match the tiles

• Maggie Clarke
    7 år siden

A lot of white might make it look like a bathroom or swimming baths. Playing up the Moroccan, Mediterranean idea that TurquoiseTree suggests would be my choice.

• shelley greaves
    7 år siden

The tiles are lovely and make a statement however the woodwork,stairs etc need to be white to bring them to life . The walls need a solid colour leaving the floor as the statement , adding coordinating pictures later. Shades of deep blue or grey are very popular at the minute . Maybe a statement light in gold.

• PRO
    Sabbini & Co.
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks for all the comments guys. I should just point out that this is actually a clients house and therefore we do not have control over the rest of the surroundings such as the wallpaper, stairway etc. We were just responsible for supply and fit of the tiles! However as I said, the project is not yet completed and the client is planning on changing the walls to a different colour so we will make sure and post the finished result! We will also take on board the comments about colour of the stairway and pass this on to the client. Thanks again.

• turquoisetree53
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Barkeycats - I agree ref the stark clinical white as wrong route ....even a rich ochre yellow would be far better, and just might even somehow draw the woodwork on board. A big oldfashiined shabby mirror on the wall would be useful and atmospheric. I woukd steer away from 'modern' flat sleek greys etc - almost passe now, anyway. Chalky tones will soften everything, I think.

• angelboyman
    7 år siden

I love the pattern and edging, I don't like the dark grout and I think the blue is too bright (might just be the camera) and not a classic blue - makes it look like a chippy or kebab house floor!

• Vonn
    7 år siden

STUNNING! THE COLOUR IS VERY UNIQUE AND WORKS WITH SO MANY OTHER TONES. THESE ARE ONE OF THE NICEST, IF NOT THE NICEST VINTAGE TILES I HAVE SEEN. WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FINISHED RESULT.

• PRO
    Atom Interior Styling
    7 år siden

I love this type of flooring usually seen in the hallways of Victorian homes. If it was mine then I would change the wood work to an off white to match the lighter tiles. So this would include stairway, skirting and doors. I think you would be slightly surprised how much more the flooring would then stand out. At the moment I feel its a little too busy with the wood and the flooring really needs to be the centre piece in this case. Although the picture below shows a different colour scheme, there is nothing to distract away from that beautiful floor other than the accessories.

• molly519
    7 år siden

The tiles are lovely but this shade of blue is not for me. I prefer a mid to dark blue which would work better with the 'orange' hue of the woodwork. The tiles would definitely look better with a light colour on the woodwork and walls and with a new runner for the stairs. I would keep everything plain but add a statement picture on the wall or a console table with accessories that picked up the blue theme. Is the front door painted red? A darker blue might work better opening onto this hallway.

• Daisy England
    7 år siden
    Definitely wrong colour.
  • Naheem Khan
    7 år siden
    not good light brown good
  • lilibethzammitlupi
    7 år siden
    The tiles are very Mediterranean... and I come ftom Malta so I love the tiles. We do them locally here as handmade cement tiles and they r quite expensive. Many r switching to wooden ceramic flooring to go with today s trend. I think that blue goes well with pine coloured wood :-)
  • duffyp2
    7 år siden
    I really like this. I think comments about neutralising it may be too conservative. It would be nice with white surroundings but offset with some copper bronze or gold. Orange and blue are complementary colours, and the tiles clearly haven't been commissioned by someone with overly conservative tastes! Alternatively some bold orange & blue modern artwork on crisp white walls?
  • Naheem Khan
    7 år siden
    ilike it
  • calwadd
    7 år siden

Oh dear, I hope your company didn't lay them... The problems are legion, but the most striking mistake is in the layout. The tiles do not follow the line of the stairs, nor are they symmetrical. This will ALWAYS make the hall look lopsided. When you add in the colour scheme and lack of other period features, the owners have a problem. Are these encaustic tiles? The colour is far from traditional for a hallway and as others have said- more suited for a bathroom/utility room. If they are encaustic, why not move them to the garden and make a Mediterranean courtyard? The hall can then be inviting rather than blinding.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.