aamert

How can I get Ikea cabinets with custom decorating elements?

aamert
7 år siden

We really like ikea cabinets and although we can get the door/drawer fronts from a provider, how can we add the custom decorative elements to them? for example, legs, feets, trims, etc?

I am able to get custom cabinets from a local carpenter at a decent cost but the quality of ikea hinges/glides are unbeatable.

(8) kommentarer

• KD
    7 år siden
    I am very curious about this also - our house isn't worth a super expensive custom cabinet kitchen but it's an odd size a bit so some custom parts would help and it is 1930 so we don't want anything too IKEA-modern.
    aamert thanked KD
  • User
    7 år siden

YOU have to have a lot of DIY carpentry skill and creativity on board.

aamert thanked User
  • aamert
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Lisa, would it be possible to see pictures of your cabinets?

• User
    7 år siden

By the time you pay a bunch of custom labor charges from a contractor, you could go with a different cabinet line that doesn't need so many on site hacks to force it to work. If you aren't a DIYer, do something else.

• Lisa
    7 år siden

@aamert, We are still in the middle of installing the cabinets, so I can't show you finished pieces yet.

I somewhat agree with Sophie that if you are not a DIYer that it can be more complicated and expensive than expected. However, I think that plenty of people have found good installers that specialize in Ikea and if you can find a good one, it is worth it.

Here are a few examples of some Ikea kitchens that don't scream "Ikea".

We are DIYing, and it is taking us a while to deal with our peninsula in a U-shaped kitchen. The peninsula needed a base built and those cabinets need to be level with the ones hanging on a rail. We are also needing to beef up the cabinets on the peninsula because we will have a countertop overhang which needs brackets installed. It has been a slow process, but I know we will get it done.

• KD
    7 år siden
    Problem is a lot of the other similar price point lines, things like drawers don't feel as nice to use, at least the show kitchens I've seen around here. Lots of soft close drawers where you really have to give almost a yank to open them.
  • PRO
    Reform
    7 år siden

check out REFORM!

http://reformcph.com

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.