jenworldwide

Bedroom blank canvas!

jenworldwide
7 år siden

Hello all,

My husband and I are moving into our new house in a couple of weeks. I am usually very bold with design and like bright and bold colours, but I am starting to feel that the bedroom would be better kept a little calmer and more neutral. We have just bought a new bed - 'Amelie' by Feather and Black - see pics below, so I guess to some extent we can build the bedroom design around this. I think we will end up choosing a grey for the walls (does seem to be very popular these days!) but can anyone recommend a shade of grey that isn't too bleak/cold? Also any other design ideas greatly received. It's an Edwardian house, see pics below of how the current owner has it which is all a bit bland for my liking! Would you all keep the fireplace black? Thought about a metallic grey or another colour but maybe this isn't doing it justice. Thanks in advance, Jennie.

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Style Within Limited
    7 år siden

Hi - there are plenty of warm greys which you can sample - for instance, Farrow and Ball have Cornforth White; Little Greene's Limestone is a close match. If you buy a sample pot, we suggest you paint a couple of large A0 boards or some spare plain lining paper / wallpaper, so you can walk it around the room and see it in different lights and in different parts of the wall. You can also use these boards as the background to a "mood board" when choosing your fabrics, carpets, etc.

Hope this helps.

Nick

• jenworldwide
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

This does help a lot, thanks Nick. Great tip on painting the boards to move around the room and check the colour in different lights, thank you again. Jennie

• Miguel A
    7 år siden

Jennie,

Love the idea of subtle greys and if you can always add that impactful piece of art above the bed and the mantlepiece for the extra WOW factor. You can find plenty of affordable original art these days online for any purpose and my go to place is always Artfinder (they have over 7,000 independent artists). With this link you get some credit to get you started as well.

Good luck with the design and of course the move!!!

Miguel

jenworldwide thanked Miguel A
  • bookworm987
    7 år siden

Dulux French Mist is a lovely warm blue grey

jenworldwide thanked bookworm987
  • PRO
    Nellie Vin
    7 år siden

with your bed and because this is Edwardian house may I suggest this color scheme [Traditional[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/photos/cotswold-house-country-bedroom-london-phvw-vp~85606510)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.