indybullterrier

Kitchen Before & After!

indybullterrier
7 år siden
Our little caterpillar of a kitchen in our 1920 Tudor-style home was transformed into a lovely grey & white butterfly with new hardwoods, custom Amish cabinets, and all new everything. We moved a doorway to the basement to provide more useable work space, and we widened the remaining doorways to create a semi-open floor plan. Cooking is a joy now in this new space!

(19) kommentarer

• Bev
    7 år siden

Gorgeous! I usually do not like white cabinets but yours looks so much better due to the beautiful black counters! I also like the detail work that was done to the upper cabinets.

• Kelly
    7 år siden
    Looks fabulous!
  • Kathi Steele
    7 år siden

Perfectly lovely!

• Jane Slaton
    7 år siden

Stunning and well thought out!

• jjjr
    7 år siden
    Indy, what a stunning transformation!
  • indybullterrier
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks, everyone! My husband and I designed it ourselves after reading almost every single kitchen article on Houzz and spending hours in the old kitchen with a tape measure and graph paper (seriously). I found another before pic to show how cramped it was.
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 år siden

Wonderful transformation! Love the wine rack above the fridge!

• PRO
    Ancient Stone
    7 år siden

Great job!

• PRO
    Wilson Lee Interiors
    7 år siden

Great work!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    7 år siden

Beautiful job!

• indybullterrier
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks! Re: the wine rack above the fridge, our cabinet builder incorporated a large vent behind the cabinet box to allow any warm air from the fridge to escape out of the top instead of hitting the wine. That was his idea, not ours--I had never heard of such a thing! And from an Amish guy who doesn't drink! It was a delightful surprise for sure. :)

He also made this fabulous drawer for sheet pans and the like. We had two options for the space--this or a built-in microwave, and I'm thankful every day we got this cool drawer. So amazingly useful for someone who cooks daily! (And life without a microwave is working out just fine!)
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 år siden

Beautiful, love the pattern glass doors !

• acm
    7 år siden

Great work -- opening up the door was key to making it feel more spacious, for sure!

• flyr4fun
    7 år siden

Very nice, wonderful job!

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 år siden

Gorgeous - very nice work!

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    7 år siden

GREAT New look!! total change as I like the green tone on walls and your new flooring, goes very well with your white cabinetry! Black splash looks very well and great pick with that stove hood. Nice work and look!

Ken

• indybullterrier
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    The paint color is SW Dorian Grey through the entire first floor, but it does certainly change "moods" depending on the time of day! I know some folks find grey depressing as a wall color, but I find it very soothing and relaxing and clean--exactly what I want to come home to!
  • PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Yes that is a good look to rooms as I thought it was gray not to much of the green color. Hard to till on here at times. That color flows well with a lot of different materials. And relaxing look.

Ken

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.