chans088

Panelled feature wall??

chans088
7 år siden

Our main floor is open (kitchen, dining and family room) with a large empty wall and vaulted ceiling in the family room. I had contemplated filling this wall space with a large art gallery wall or open display shelves but I would absolutely LOVE to do a feature wall of white wainscotting/panelling (see photos below). My questions are 1) would this go with the contemporary(ish) style of my home? 2) would I have to put crown moulding around the entire ceiling on the main floor? 3) where would I stop the wainscotting (ie. on either side of the staircase or just the single wall)? and lastly, 4) would it look weird with the angled ceiling?

Thanks so much for your input-- it is much appreciated and you have all been so helpful with my other questions.

(3) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

i'd go with the art gallery wall. its a better idea seeing your space. angled walls/ceilings don't mix well with crown moldings in any case. save the paneled feature wall for your next house.

• champcamp
    7 år siden

I love your space! I noticed a gate in the background so I assume you have kids or pets or both? If so, do you find your glass railings on your stairs difficult to keep clean? We are moving into a new house in a few days and I need to modernize the staircase. I have considered glass, but have 2 kids + one dog and am concerned. Regarding your actual question, I would have expected to see something like reclaimed barnwood or stone work in your inspiration photo and not wainscoting which looks more traditional than the existing style of your space.

• PRO
    Green Project
    7 år siden

Go for the molding!! Its the right choice for a feature. However, I suggest a contemporary design rather than the traditional molding you pictured. There are limitless configurations and the price is all basically the same. Think outside of the box (pun intended).

Lake Keowee: Smith Private Residence · Mere information

Minneapolis Interior Designer - Luxury Loft by Tiffany Hanken Design · Mere information

Lea Bassani Design · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.