dennise_brown10

Need help for my living room

D B
7 år siden

Hello,

I am having some trouble trying to decide how to finish my mix and match furniture set. I have a grey 4 seater and a tan leather chair. I am missing one more chair.. Struggling to find the right one....that is around the same high and depth as the leather one. (Within my budget that is!)

I quite like a chair (photo attached) but legs are not the same, is much deeper in size (15cm) but I think it would match. What do you think?

Should I just forget about the mix and match design and get a chair the same as the 4 seater?

Also, would you get the other chair in a similar grey tone or a lighter one?

thanks!

(14) kommentarer

• D B
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I think you are right, I didn't want the set to look to samey but I don't want a mix match disaster either! Thanks

• Midcenturylass
    7 år siden
    I like your sofa, where is it from?
  • D B
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks. It's the Zinc from the French Connection range

• PRO
    DAP Construction
    7 år siden

If you are going with the chair in the image attached above , You can always get mix and match cushions in glitter patterns and make the place look more vibrant.

• PRO
    N7 Design Studio Ltd.
    7 år siden

Perhaps a chair with a bit of texture/pattern? All looks pretty plain at the moment, even a patterned rug would lift the room.

• minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi. I know this isn't what you asked so I do apologise but have you considered getting a footstool that could be used as occasional seating (unless you need it permanently!). You could then have the tan chair in the adjacent corner angled towards the sofa. I think they do a geo patterned footstool in your sofa range

• PRO
    Nuastyle
    7 år siden

Hello, how about trying something slightly different - if you tie in the grey upholstery from the sofa, but introduce a wooden frame armchair, the brown leather would be complimented without being too matchy-matchy.

Here's our Otto Chair which might work...

https://www.nuastyle.com/8-armchairs 

• PRO
    Tailored Living
    7 år siden
    I agree with N7, your room needs texture and pattern to bring it to life. It will transform it
  • D B
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Hi again. Thank you all for the comments. Yes, it is definitely too plain right now. Just moved into a new property so trying to put every room together. I am planning to add a rug for sure, I like those with geometric patterns. And add colour with cushions and a throw. But the second chair awrrr! I just can't decide. I like the idea of the footstool and like the Otto wooden chair too but concerned it may look a bit unbalanced? I just have this idea in my head that whatever I put next to the leather chair needs to be around the same size/style or it will look odd? Ohhh... I don't know....

• emilia_generic
    7 år siden
    What I really hate is matching sets of anything ;) no offence to anyone it's just my personal preference. I would go for something NOT matching at all. The room has no colour or texture so you can definitely go for more brave furniture, don't try to match, buy something you love! It may be a bit more challenging to pull it all together at the end but a) you will do it eventually if you want to! b) who cares? You've got pieces you love you will love the final product anyway :) good luck! Have fun!
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

You've got a lovely room and seating but I do think the seating may benefit being away from the walls a little. It may also look nice to have a cosy seating area where they face each other for conversation? I'm assuming this is a long narrow room with the window aligned centrally but why not take other pics?

• D B
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks minnie101. I would say the room is narrow'ish but not too long.. I love the facing each other sofa arrangement. However, we want to use this room more like a media room, cosy evening room to watch tv or a film at the weekend, so sofas facing each other don't think will work for the purpose of this room.

On the wall opposite the sofa we have put floating cabinets and the tv, this wall will be the feature wall, with some colour that will complement the decoration, cushions, rug, art, etc. I've added a photo, it's a bit dark but it gives you the idea.

I always liked the idea of having different pieces of furniture that complement each other, it's just finding the right piece. But I shall keep looking!

• PRO
    Made Brighter
    7 år siden
    I would try adding a different colour seat such as this mustard yellow one from www.maisonsdumonde.com

I would then tie it all together through your cushions, accessories and rugs.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.