chcontractingservices

Transitional Fireplace Upgrade in Ottawa, Ontario

CH Contracting
7 år siden

Before and after pics of our just completed fireplace project. Our client kept the current fireplace and wanted to update the space. Stacked Shadow stone for the walls with a black granite hearth, 7" x 83" Douglas fur mantle distressed and stained to blend with the floor. Call 613-203-0869 today for your free estimate!

Before:

Transitional Fireplace Upgrade in Ottawa, ON · Mere information

After:

Transitional Fireplace Upgrade in Ottawa, ON · Mere information

(31) kommentarer

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    7 år siden

Wow! Love the rock work! Very nice!

CH Contracting thanked Stecki Construction
  • Bev
    7 år siden

Beautifully done! I love the stonework!

CH Contracting thanked Bev
  • Architectural Notice
    7 år siden

Nice modern update.

CH Contracting thanked Architectural Notice
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 år siden

Very nice!

CH Contracting thanked Mega Builders
  • User
    7 år siden

Much much nicer then that painted garbage. I'm also glad you kept the brass. It looks up to date "modern" with that traditional touch. I see that your floor also has that square floor pattern. Lots of people don't like that anymore cause they are "modern" brain washed. I call them trend followers lol. What ever is popular at the moment they have to do it. But I love it. The older stuff is way better quality. That type of floor is very expensive if you had it installed nowadays. You should get it refinished, it would look beautiful!

CH Contracting thanked User
  • susanasparker
    7 år siden

The stacked stone is attractive. I just wonder how cob webs will stick to it and how easy it will be to dust.

• nancy whitehead
    7 år siden

I think that they are both well done even though they are opposites in design. Congratulations on your understanding of the architecture of those homes in your upgrades...Bravo And the stone fireplace is very easy to dust off just buy any duster type of top that can be removed and washed and comes with an expanding pole i have several different types of them which i use to clean both my white vaulted ceiling fans and my house full of white Plantation Shutters at my home in Las Vegas.Very easy to use. Because of all the vaulted ceilings i use a small three step folding ladder to reach them. Try Bed Bath & Beyond or even Lowe's or Home Depot i did not check, but Houzz may sell them Many different types are available on the market..These expanding extension poles with varying tops are very handy for cleaning today's homes...

CH Contracting thanked nancy whitehead
  • PRO
    Suite Effects LLC
    7 år siden

Love, love, love! I am using a similar stone to reface my fireplace. I was torn about removing my existing molding above the fireplace, but I love that your stone goes straight to the ceiling. I'm no longer torn :-)

CH Contracting thanked Suite Effects LLC
  • ladybug201361
    7 år siden

love your site

CH Contracting thanked ladybug201361
  • PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    7 år siden

Beautiful! Stone work looks amazing,

CH Contracting thanked May Construction, Inc.
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    7 år siden

Nice job! Looks much better!

CH Contracting thanked Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
  • designjunky
    7 år siden
    Beautiful stone work. I would have painted the gold/brass a flat black to give it a more striking look. Just my taste.....
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    7 år siden

ing, it suddenly becomes a focal, statement piece in the room!

CH Contracting thanked ERT Architects, Inc
  • Michael Savage
    7 år siden
    I think cleaning with a vacuum brush should maintain it nicely
    CH Contracting thanked Michael Savage
  • jeanniec13
    7 år siden

I would have painted out the brass surround to make a more comtemporary look to go with the beautiful stone.

• gram1253
    7 år siden

I love the rock reface. The brass fire door .. Not so much! Update the whole look or leave it alone.

• Delora Dickey
    7 år siden

Like them BOTH, but prefer the "before". More cozy for my taste and not as sterile looking. It has character. Would love to see boughs of garland, candles, etc. on the old one at Christmas. But remember...it's YOUR house, which makes Houzz so wonderful. It reminds us all that nothing is really "wrong" with anyone's choices. If it makes YOU happy, that's all that counts!

• molldoll2
    7 år siden

I love that you have taken the stone all the way up. I am in agreement that the brass doors should be painted black to go with the hearth. I am not a lover of brass and it looks out of place and dated.

• davidinsrq
    7 år siden

You took something timeless and classic and made it trendy. As long as you like it thats all that matters.

CH Contracting thanked davidinsrq
  • shofer1019
    7 år siden

I am so tired of my dated faux rock 70's fireplace. Would love to re-do it.

• arnott2
    7 år siden
    We just had a brick wall removed that had gone to the ceiling. The "after" look reminds me of the 80's. If it was mine I would have preferred to keep the stone work down from the ceiling and replaced the brass fireplace.
  • Barbara Larson
    7 år siden

oh boy I preferred the before. I AM traditional and i know it

• Kim Jones
    7 år siden

Love the wall paint of your before photo! What is that color pls.

• PRO
    Boswell Construction
    7 år siden

love that stackstone

• jbtanyderi
    7 år siden
    To my eye, the mantel is too high, and should have gone the full width.
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    7 år siden

Nice job!

CH Contracting thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • hmarney
    7 år siden
    The update looks beautiful. Great job!
    The only change I would have made is the black granite to a dark grey/black slate floor instead, to keep with the look. Just my taste.
  • PRO
    Perspective Renovations
    7 år siden

Great transformation!

CH Contracting thanked Perspective Renovations
  • PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    7 år siden

Love love love!

• Kelly Dowling
    7 år siden

Love the stone but agree that if you paint the brass black it would give you another instant update. Mantle is beautiful too. The height is perfect. Great improvement.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.