need help to add art that works

Jennifer Baker
11 år siden
i decied on red but now i need to get wall art that works

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Judy Jacobs Art
    11 år siden
    Love your furniture!! And you have so many possibilities for amazing art touches for this room. To me that wall is screaming for a large vertical piece with reds, yellows and a pop of green to make the room "pop" - perhaps an abstract painting something like this ("Shaken, Not Stirred - 60" x 36" acrylic original painting on a 1.5 gallery wrapped canvas - $995). I'd move the square wooden boxes to the corner and get pillows to match the colors of whatever artwork you choose. If you don't want to go with an art piece on the wall, maybe think about changing out the rug underneath the ottoman to a brightly patterned rug and add a colorful vase with one of the rug's colors to tie in the accessories better.
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    This might work if you don't mind adding just a bit more red to your decor :). Our artwork can be printed in any size on fine art paper, canvas, acrylic or metal. Happy decorating!... Raisa
    http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/featured/portrait-of-a-heart-ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.html
  • pattiegoode
    11 år siden
    I had a red sectional with dark taupe walls/ drapes and black/white photography as my main artwork. I only used red again in very small bits, like a stripe with other colors in toss pillows and a rug. I did have a sea shell watercolor with hints of red in it, too. My point is that red furniture is Bold! Don't over do it with lots of matching red everywhere. Here are a couple of examples:
    Eclectic Family Room · Mere information

https://www.houzz.com/photos/2011-street-of-dreams-con-amore-traditional-home-theater-portland-phvw-vp~1502711

Great Neighborhood Homes · Mere information
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    11 år siden
    Or something like this if you don't mind SF and biking :)
    http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com/featured/golden-gate-bridge--sunset-with-bird-ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.html

Bike In Black White And Red No 2, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · Mere information

Bike In Black White And Red No 1, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · Mere information
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    11 år siden
    Jennifer, I can see you liked our "Portrait of a Heart" piece, thank you! I am not sure if you have already seen the second option I suggested - more stylized art photography pieces above, but I have just remembered that we also have a set of 2 vertical images that might work in your room as well. If there is no room for both pieces, you can just hang one.

I missed it somehow when I made my original post. This will introduce a rather neutral shade of bluish gray (or garyish blue :). If you like the set, though, this shade should be easy to repeat in your pillows and other accessories, if needed... Raisa
    Living Spaces No 1, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · Mere information

Living Spaces No 2, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · Mere information
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.