emmelinewe

POLL: Load or unload the dishwasher?

Emmeline Westin
7 år siden

To load or not to load, that is the question... Do you prefer one chore over the other?

Kitchens · Mere information

Load
Unload
Other - tell us below!

(19) kommentarer

• PRO
    Digital Kitchens Factory Outlet
    7 år siden

Definitely load!

• Lila 1410
    7 år siden

Haven't got one. Don't want one.

• Viv Bristow
    7 år siden
    Both! I love loading and unloading the dishwasher!
  • biigem
    7 år siden
    Before getting a dishwasher the daily battle was deciding whose turn it was to wash the dishes. Now we battle over who will unload and load the dishwasher...
  • PRO
    H M Building Services www.hmbuilding.co.uk
    7 år siden
    Definitely load, as it gets loaded during the day by others and we have dinner, there's no space left for the dinner stuff so I say leave it on the side. Later in the evening I'll take out and rearrange the dishwasher, which then leaves space for the dinner plates. Kids make no effort despite numerous demonstrations.
  • Sonia
    7 år siden

Neither - my husband does it! I do all the cooking and then he loads dishwasher and unloads t when cycle finished.

• sukiharrison
    7 år siden
    I agree with Lila, don't have one, don't want one!!
  • turquoisetree53
    7 år siden

I remember my poor Mum standing for hours at the kitchen sink, after cooking for a family of seven plus the many guests she welcomed to the house. Dishwashers makes entertaining for large numbers, a breeze.

• dgmeade
    7 år siden

Both load and unload. Don't waste time and hot water plus cold water to rinse (except for glassware): why keep a dog and bark yourself?

• Sue D
    7 år siden

Loading is easy - it happens during the day and tidies up the dirty plates so the sink area is always clean and tidy. I don't like unloading it in the morning, but it's a first world problem and I should get a life and stop complaining because it's the most useful household item in the house.

• PRO
    Wild Planet
    7 år siden

Ideally you would have two dishwashers so that you never have to unload and store. Just unload individual itemises and when required, whilst filling the second with the dirty items. Fisher Paykel drawer system looks very desirable!

• turquoisetree53
    7 år siden

There is also something to be said for raising the position of Dishwasher machines upwards, and not just have them below counter, so you have to do a lot of awkward bending. Thinking about it...., a dishwasher at waist level is probably used far more frequently than an oven at waist-level....

• User
    7 år siden

we have an integrated beast at waist level...:D definitely recommendable

I prefer unloading actually... because I hate touching dirty grobby cutlery... I have to drop them in the basket and quicklyyyy zoooom my hand away so I don't have to get the food smeared ends all over my hands!!!

• glendevon
    7 år siden

My OH deals with all washing up via the dishwasher, and puts the stuff away as well. We have recently had a new kitchen. Imagine my shame when he went away for a few days and I had to get the instruction book out for the new dishwasher as I didn't even know how to turn it on.

• Najeebah
    7 år siden
    unloading, as they're clean! or go with wild planet's solution
  • Frankie
    7 år siden

Right now I'd be happy to do both. We're washing the dishes in the bathroom while they destroy our kitchen. For that matter I would be happy with a kitchen sink. Seriously though I don't mind doing the dishes either way.

• maureen browne
    7 år siden

had a dishwasher previous property as there is only my husband & myself decided we would not need a dishwasher in next property after downsizing to a smaller property that required renovating especially the kitchen & hand washing dishes for 3 months a dishwasher is a now a BIG priority

• turquoisetree53
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Maureen, I would rather hand-wash clothes, than dishes now! You need a dishwasher, quick. Consider getting it waist levelish, makes a difference to using it.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.