kayla_houses

chinese quartz

Kayla Prescott
7 år siden
anyone experience with chinese quartz? is it comparable to some of the brand names?

(17) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år siden

I would not choose it when there are great quartz amkers in N.A.

• chiflipper
    7 år siden

As Sophie would say "cheapchinesecrap". I would avoid this product as you will have no recourse should it fail.

• Kayla Prescott
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    thanks!! i will prob go with cambria!!
  • PRO
    Chace Building Supply
    7 år siden

I find it is at a lower price point than that of American made like Cambria...but you get what you pay for! I've found that you don't get the depth of color and texture like you would with that of Cambria.

• User
    7 år siden

most quartz brands today in the market come from China;

• User
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

NOT true. None of the OG's with real street cred manufacture in China. America, Spain, Israel, and Korea, yup. Not China. They also use real Breton technology. Not suspect knockoff technology.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    7 år siden

I just can't support those products. The licensed machine technology may be the same but I'm not convinced that the raw materials being used are under sufficient quality control audits. Also, the energy source being used to produce the raw materials and finished products are generated primarily by coal. Seems to undermine some of the environmentally friendly claims. There are also potential lost jobs in North America and less money circulated back into our economy.

Graham

• flopsycat1
    7 år siden

One of the reasons we chose Cambria for our kitchen is the fact that it is American made. We have been extremely pleased with the quality of the product. Good luck with your material choices.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7 år siden

Sophie Wheeler and Kitchen Abode...this is why the certifications and specs are important.

• User
    7 år siden

Fake doscumentation on Chinese sourced products has never happened, has it?

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7 år siden

Sophie, at some point I can not keep arguing with you, we can just advise home owners as pros about different things...blanket statements like yours however are not very helpful. Certifications are verified not through the Chinese companies but with NSF/ IAF/SGS themselves thus not being able to fake documents as you mentioned.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år siden

Please Chinese products have been coming to NA with fake credentials for ages and BTW just try to get them to honour a warranty, I have actually dealt with them for other stuff besides quartz and never again no matter how much money I save.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7 år siden

Patricia this may be true of some companies but not all. I have been importing natural stone from quarries for decades and am constantly around the Quartz circuit (US, Canada, Isreal, even China) and not everything can fall into this category. It's important for a consumer to research is all I'm trying to explain.

i buy Caesarstone (Israel), LG (Korea) and Cambria (us) as well as smaller brands from China. I have needed to only use the warranty once and had no trouble.

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    7 år siden

As a comment on the "documentation" concerns out of China, we have had several bids from Chinese companies (for flooring and a few other things). A few (not all) have asked if we required any "stickers" added to them. Like CSA standards or anything like that. They have excellent print technology and they can put ANY documentation sticker on any product we need/want. Yah...we walked away - rather quickly I might add.

It happens over and over and over again. Independent lab results from a 3rd party (like a known German Testing Facility) is what we look for. Because I speak German, I get to call Cologne Germany to VERIFY the document then sent us was what was tested. So far so good. They seem to have figured out that some documents can't be faked...but stickers are NO PROBLEM.

We've dealt with the higher end of the Chinese market for several years. They have done their due diligence (and so have we...we have enough "other" languages to check documentation from multiple countries).

The higher-end Asian manufacturers also have EXPENSIVE operating costs which makes their products close to the same price as the European made products. They can't undercut European/N. American prices if they have higher operating costs.

Where we benefit is the cost of SHIPPING those products directly to a N. American port that happens to be 30km down the road from our warehouse. Shipping costs are HALF of what they are out of Europe. This is where we have benefited from working with high-end Chinese manufacturers.

• PRO
    Amala Raj Interiors
    7 år siden

Cancork this is very helpful! And again checking directly with the NSF helps too! :) I agree to not just go by stickers and always check the third party status

• PRO
    Menelli Tile & Stone
    5 år siden

The issue for us now are the tariffs, making the pricepoint higher and ETA longer...

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.