loulabelle100

Colour ideas for accessories and soft furnishings. Please help

loulabelle100
7 år siden

I need to add a rug, cushions, artwork and accessories to my living/dining room and am unsure what colours to use to pull the room together. Should I introduce a new colour, like a grey? Or stick to the colours I already have? Any help would be greatly appreciated - especially colour ideas for the rug. Thank you!

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Hi loulabelle I would suggest incorporating more blue into your room, use your sofa to colour match accessories. Grey would be a good colour to introduce to the scheme in the form of cushions. You could also add apple green to the room and touches of silver, giving a very fresh and modern look to your room. Hope this helps you :-) Letitia

loulabelle100 thanked User
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 år siden

Hi Loula,

I would probably start with a geometric rug in grey and white. A shape mirroring that of the chair detailing. This will also still be crisp and contemporary like the rest of the space. Cushions in white will help tie the colours throughout the space rather than just having blocks of it.

A large piece of art of work in the same colours on the wall behind the dining table would really work.. maybe a peaceful seascape to add a bit of tranquillity to an area for relaxing. Finish with a few accessories on the table and beside the TV to help bridge the gaps.

Grey is a great contemporary colour that will work well with the scheme you have started. You now just need a few more layers to really bring it to life.

At the end, as Liz suggested, you could add a single punch of a great colour to add a little warmth - my suggestions would be burnt orange or a deep rich purple.

We offer single room design and/or great sourcing packages if you need help further help. Feel free to drop me a message and we can go through it in more detail. Otherwise, I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing the final room!

All the best,

Gina

loulabelle100 thanked Create Perfect
  • elfirose
    7 år siden

I love your couch! It's a wonderful statement. Either it can stand out, or you can add more pizazz. I don't know who you have to please (men are often drab when it comes to colour) but what about accents of deep raspberry and bright coral? You can use white cushions on the couch to reuse that colour and have them stand out, and mix in your chosen accent(s). But I'd suggest playing with the art work and cushions after you've found a rug. Perhaps repeat the colour of your table in the rug, and the floor in a frames on the wall to pull the room together.

loulabelle100 thanked elfirose
  • PRO
    Kalabas Interiors
    7 år siden

Hi, Love your choice of colours. How about introducing prints. But as signature interiors stated stick to a formula. If you could find prints with the colours that you already used, or shades of those colours, that would be great. Also note that black and white prints always bring all colours together. Good luck and do post images of the final result.

loulabelle100 thanked Kalabas Interiors
  • PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    7 år siden

You can try with a geometric rug in neutral colours. Kasthall have some great flat-woven rug options: http://www.couchpotatocompany.com/collections/kasthall 

loulabelle100 thanked Couch Potato Company
  • PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Hi Loulabelle, I would try to find some tableware/linens in the same tone as the blue of the sofa, to pull the accent colour across the room and pull it together a bit more. I would also try to find a rug with a little flash of this same blue in. Great colour by the way! A light-ish cool grey used as the rug's main colour would look very slick and 'ground' the space - you can't really go wrong with grey, or if you wanted something a little more daring, a navy would work equally, or a Chartreuse would make the space zing! Try to use no more than three different colours total. Would love to see photos when you're finished. Looks like an exciting project! Fi

loulabelle100 thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.