decor178

Lamp style

decor178
7 år siden
What table lamp to buy that would complement this tripod floor lamp?

(264) kommentarer

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Yes I agree :)) I have ordered it.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello decor178,

Yes that's the one.. I like interiors that are not made up of obvious choices and two of the same isn't the way I'd go.. I like original thinking... and so your choice was well thought :))

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Pleased you've ordered it, think it'll look great :-)

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Which is a better throw in terms of colour to go with Spectrum and Tint throws. From Amara. I'm not sure what the quality will be like. Perhaps I'm just better off purchasing only the two throws from Amara?

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/dreamwoolblanketco/product/plain-coloured-throw

http://www.urbanara.co.uk/2359/dark-grey-lambswool-blanket-miramar.htm

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I also like the urbanara one Miramar.. But go for what you think will work best and that which you think might be the most versatile.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    ah decisions decisions
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I like them all :)
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Okay.. So pros and cons... Now look... Price vs quality... Size over versatility... gut over brain! :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    lol I was hoping you can help me decide :)
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

I am helping you decide .. I said what I liked which is the two Amara and the urbanara... I want to get at what you like too which is equally if not more important.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    perfect that's what I'll go for then :)
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Okay splendid if you're happy :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    like I said there all nice which is why I couldn't decide. Thank you for your help :))
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Most welcome decor178 :))

• bagpuss2
    7 år siden
    I have a similar tripod lamp and paired it with an Anta barrel shaped lamp with a drum shade
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    A few things arrived... the chair, a couple of cushions and a tripod table lamp. Still waiting for the chrome tripod table lamp, Nitin Goyal cushion and three throws. What are your thoughts
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I'm not 100% sure about the chair
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello decor178,

Well I had thought the KH cushions would go on this chair. Or if you have sent them back the NG would look good. The cable knit throw is a new one I haven't seen- It's probably better to go on the rear of the sofa.. over the back.. It's large and chunky and so would look good on something bigger. I feel the chair needs to be more visible, don't you?.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Hi AJ Interior

Yes I did send the KH cushions back. To be honest they would've been too big for the chair lol. I agree the NG cushion would look nice on the chair. The chunky throw was on my 2 seater so I was just testing it.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello decor178,

I didn't think they were that large but the rectangular one would have been lovely. Still the NG one will be equally. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    what do you think of the silvery 2 cushions?
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

I think they work with your decor and offer interesting contrast with the light. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Great, that's what I thought :)
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I forgot to ask what you thought of the tripod although I know you said you wouldn't like to match them.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Well it works in your scheme as it's a direct reference to it's larger sibling.. I do though as I said prefer something referenced with variations on a theme.. I have two items that are very similar in feel, design etc and I find this aspect of my interior really boring. (I am constantly striving to excel in my taste and ideas).. However I am unable at this point to replace said items. So really the point is, if you love it keep it! That is all that matters... :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you, I do love it and definitely feel that it works :)
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

So that's really gr8! The thing about your interiors is that they represent who you are, they present your home in a way that you really feel comfortable with.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    You are right :))
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I'm looking to replace the current poster in the living room. Is this too bold? Should I go for something simpler?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden
    Hello decor178,
    It's nice, if you don't have mustard in the scheme perhaps add a small yellow accent.. Even flowers would be ideal.. :))
  • PRO
    User
    7 år siden

It's very modern, think it'll go well with your scheme

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Oh yes add flowers, I always do :-)

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you, I thought the colours would compliment scheme as you both said and I can add some flowers too :))
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    What about something like this?
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Like it! I like the one with yellow too.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    :) which would you say is nicer this one or the one I posted yesterday?
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Well I suppose it boils down to whether you want to inject an additional colour element into the scheme.. If you do with accessories etc like I suggested with the flowers.. Zoffany have a beautiful mustard yellow velvet and it would be fantastic for some cushions, but as you have these taken care of.. The floral aspect is another fantastic way to add a "hint" of another colour and you can be as dramatic or as subtle as you like with this.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Yes I think I have enough cushions now and waiting for NG origami to arrive in a couple of weeks :) Thanks for you advice, I will have think about which of the 2 I want to go for.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Most welcome decor178, :))

• PRO
    Atom Interior Styling
    7 år siden
    A lamp with the same shade but a concrete base, these to materials look good together
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Found another two :) What are your thoughts please?
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

I like them especially the bottom one. I'm thinking I could paint these as I have something similar I did for myself. If choosing specifically from these two, I'd choose the bottom one.. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    By bottom one you mean this?
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Yes that's the one :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I think this might be my favourite too :))
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Yes it's better than the others.. I'm a stickler for something really in a class of it's own.. So it's a winner.. It will also work beautifully with your scheme.. It's warm and textural...:))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    :))
  • decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I bought 2 of this poster, one for the living room and one for the dining room - the rooms are open plan. Now I'm thinking if I should've gone for something different for the dining room.
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello decor178

Oh I thought they were oils on canvas. Yes I would have looked for similar but not identical. Still you could hang them differently, for instance horizontal - vertical- blue top - black top so they would appear to compliment if hung differently as opposed to the same.

Given they are in separate rooms. That would be my suggestion or if you don't like that idea then something different. Or add to them with more. :))

• decor178
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    They are posters to replace the current posters I have. I think that sounds like a great idea :)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.