isabel_kubacki

Question about patio kitchen

Isabel Kubacki
7 år siden
We are doing a new patio as you can see in the picture. My husband wants a built-in grill + fridge. He also wants an island, L-shaped, on the left corner. My question, if that would be too much to have all that so close to that window, which is in our kitchen? I was thinking about just doing a long cooking station only and forgoing the kitchen island.

Also, should the mini kitchen be closer to the house or further down, closer to the yard?

Please advise.

(11) kommentarer

• libradesigneye
    7 år siden

Husbands think of this as their kitchen .. distance from house should grow as the complexity of it / size of it grows .. push the grill perpendicular to the house off the left end .. Sort of agree with Beverly that if you do more than the basics, you need a landscape architect to consider the entire space as a whole and create garden rooms . . don't ruin your views out the trio . . .grilling added to meals inside happen a lot in the hip season . .so consider distance to kitchen door / existing casual dining . .

Isabel Kubacki thanked libradesigneye
  • User
    7 år siden

Why, libra, I have no idea what you mean about hubbys! ;)

Isabel Kubacki thanked User
  • User
    7 år siden

• km kane
    7 år siden
    Sounds big. Will this area be covered?
    Isabel Kubacki thanked km kane
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden
    I must admit, I think a good BBQ grille every two years is good enough. Just more stuff to clean! I would put BBQ out of sight from inside house as much as possible. In our area, too many potential critters that want a home in your outdoor stuff. I would put my money in a nice pergola over that patio, a durable table and chairs and save a lot of cash that these things cost for a couple catered parties so I could enjoy this space. In fact, as I ponder this further, I might even prefer a screened porch for the money so the outdoor space could be more free of mosquitos! We have friends and neighbor's and I have clients who have put $10K and more into these "outdoor kitchens" and after the first season, use them once or twice a season. I would do a serious cost/benefit analysis on a couple options, including an estimate of how much value does it add to your home and then decide what to do and how much I was going to invest in this type deal. BTW, a screened in porch will add much more value than an outdoor kitchen. Just my experience and opinion.
    Isabel Kubacki thanked Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden
    Notice this is a very high end, and expensive set up in these pictures. It is integrated into total landscape. It is wonderful, but understand I estimate there is in excess of $30k in this arrangement. Large, hooded high end grille, separate counter with additional cooking surface; outdoor sink probably some type of refrigerator, extension of roofline with arbor type wood lovely designed set up, extension of patio and into yard so big deal. Just don't underestimate effort or costs.
  • auntthelma
    7 år siden

We put an L shaped bar around our gas grill and we love it. My friend put a refrigerator in her L shaped outdoor bar and they love it. It's a great way to socialize while you cook.

Isabel Kubacki thanked auntthelma
  • Isabel Kubacki
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Roofing the patio was an idea we had, however there is so much shade already due to the trees that we thought it might be pointless to add a pergola or roof. we are doing a fire pit on the right facing side, away from the house. the total sq footage is 700 for this patio. I know someone mentioned a deck, but we already have the lineo wall and unilock bricks purchased

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

111ideahound has good "inspiration" photos and you can mimic what appeals and it is always good to have a vision. I just didn't want you to think that was a low cost approach.

• PRO
    Soapstone Werks
    7 år siden

This is an outside BBQ area we did awhile back and I think something like this would be a good compromise of both of your needs. You could easily have a mini fridge and the cooking area without it being too much.

Isabel Kubacki thanked Soapstone Werks
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.