eilidhmca

Light fitting for low ceiling

eilidhmca
7 år siden
Looking at buying a cottage which has low ceilings throughout, particularly at first floor! The ceiling is only 2.1m. What type of ceiling light would work in this space, the current fitting I really don't like and don't want to put spotlights in. (Sorry for poor photo!)

(11) kommentarer

• Stephen Edwards
    7 år siden

Your choice may be limited, although there are some shallow fittings about, any decent lighting store should have a selection. You don't have to have a ceiling fitting at all, you could have wall-light uplighters, table-lamps or standard-lamps.

• Igor Pelehh
    7 år siden
    Perhaps something like this? It has a mirror base which makes the ceiling look higher. Standing or wall lights shooting up into gloss ceiling as well?
  • eilidhmca
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    That's really helpful thank you all - I think I'm siding towards the no ceiling light whatsoever and use floorlamps and up lighters. Thanks :)
  • PRO
    The Bulb Co
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Hi eilidhmca, we have a range of floorlamps, wall lights and up-lighters available on our website www.thebulbco.com but you can always email us at info@thebulbco.com or give us a call on 0161 737 7333 if you need any more advice.

• Jonathan
    7 år siden
    If the budget allows you could also vault your upstairs rooms to increase the feeling of space
  • PRO
    The Lighting Company
    7 år siden

I agree, I think sometimes we all just put up a central light because the wiring is already there. Wall lights, floor lamps and table lamps create a great ambiance to a room.

However having said this if it does cost too much to change the wiring we do have a fab selection of ceiling lights specifically for low ceilings that might fit the bill. https://www.lightingcompany.co.uk/ceiling-lights-c3/lighting-for-low-ceilings-c11 

Take a look at the website www.lightingcompany.co.uk for more ideas for ceiling, wall and occasional lamps!

• PRO
  • PRO
    Burchdaume
    7 år siden

We agree with James above - do away with it altogether and use uplighting instead.

• PRO
    GHS Special Projects
    7 år siden

Totally agree with St James Design Interiors Ltd as uplighting can create the lighting that you are looking at and in particular our architectural/coving lighting is very popular with our clients as it is totally bespoke so can be made to fit in with your room. If you would like to have a look over these they can be found here: Architectural Hand Made Mouldings but if you need any more information then please let us know and I can send you over some more details.

• Marisol Garces
    7 år siden
    This John Lewis light might do the trick. It throws a beautiful pattern on the ceiling when it's on.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.