webuser_2757759

Need rug for my new house

Hi,
Thoughts on this rug. I think it is beautiful but does it blend into the floors too much? If so what rug do you recommend. I want a real Persian rug.
Thanks,
Christina

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Jahann and Sons Persian Rugs
    7 år siden

Hi Christina, I'm new to Houzz and noticed that no one has answered your question yet. This is a hand-knotted Peshawar-style rug. It is made to look like an antique Persian rug, but a rug dealer would not consider this a "real Persian rug" because it was not made in Iran. With floors this color, I might consider something a bit more bold, perhaps a Heriz, Hamadan or even a Bakhtiari. Googling those terms should help you find a nice "real" Persian rug. If you're in the DC-metro area and still shopping, please look us up! Best of luck to you.

• Kisa Valenti
    7 år siden

Beware - many hand-knotted rugs are the product of child labor. Look for a good weaves rug. http://www.goodweave.org/home.php.  You cannot beat Tufenkian rugs! Fabulous selection, terrific customer service. Socially conscious company that treats workers and the environment with respect. Pricey, but worth the investment. Find a local dealer to see them in person and then shop the on-line outlet for price. http://tufenkianoutlet.com/

• ilesliemy
    7 år siden
    I think the next size larger would be better.
  • PRO
    Valter and Anna fon Eynik
    7 år siden

Christina, beautiful space you have! Maybe it's better to put there more straight colors? Like two tomes, for example - it could be light cream and dark cream colors or so. And one more thought outside of this theme - you have to find a good wooden frame for your beautiful painting and hang it on your wall!This is for example

Hand painted and hand carved · Mere information

Hand painted and hand carved · Mere information

• havingfun
    7 år siden

you should look for rug knots she works for an oriental rug store and has some beauties, i will see if i can find her for you.

• akabal
    7 år siden

I like the rug, it is beautiful, and I even think it's a good size. What I don't like in this room is the painting..little to modern/abstract with the rest...everything else goes together well! Just my opinion :-)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.