moms_got3

Not smart, heat ruins spices

moms_got3
7 år siden
For the life of me, I do not know why anyone would put the spices by the heat of the stove. No matter how well insulated, the residual heat ruins spices.
Marietta Kitchen & Hall Bathroom · Mere information

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Weidmann Remodeling
    7 år siden

Appreciate the concern. The comment has been made numerous times in connection with the picture. If you go back through the comment history, you will see an industry professional's response that explains why it is a non-issue. In brief: the range is designed to dissipate heat out the front and is well insulated around the back and sides, to avoid heat transfer to abutting surfaces. Added insulation is provided by the solid wood sides of the cabinet itself. In practice, the side of the range does not heat up and, thus, the spices are not affected.

• Bruce Crawford
    7 år siden

Re spice racks & oven, we don't have a range, instead an high-BTU rangetop on island plus wall ovens. My wife had choice of vertical spice racks bracing rangetop as shown at top or wooden inserts in top drawers. She opted for former. She wanted the drawers for cooking utensils. She loves set-up. Deep drawers below rangetop for cookware, spices at the ready & utensils less than arm's reach away. It helps keep island countertop open for work in progress w/o having to move things around to clear work surface. She's had hip replacement surgery & retrieving spices hasn't been an issue.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.