antoniafelstein

Fly screen options for corner stacker doors?

antoniafelstein
7 år siden
Hi houzzers, just wondering what the best option is for fly screens for corner stacker doors leading to alfresco area? I have attached a photo, we are mid build! As you can see there is no central post to attach anything to so I am wondering how the fly screens might work. Also can anyone recommend anyone in Brisbane area that would provide these types of screens?

Thanks

(16) kommentarer

• dohraime
    7 år siden

The retractable screens could probably work here. Some have a post-less system where 2 screens meet.

Look at Brio or Infinity screens.

• melarnell
    7 år siden
    Yeh go for the retractable fly screens
  • Gallifrey
    7 år siden

I lived for years with our houses fully screened and security scenes everywhere. When we moved into our current house and our recent holiday house build which both have large stackers to decks, we decided to forget the fly screens. Seemed foreign to start with but, love it now. I cannot stand the idea of screens destroying the indoor/outdoor feel that we paid a fortune to achieve. Anyway the geckos in Brisbane eat the insects.

• antoniafelstein
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into them. Some of the cockroaches here are bigger than geckos!
  • how2girl
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Have recently been looking at how to screen stackers doors. You can get a retractable flyscreen made, that rolls back into a casing, but I think it's quite flimsy if you have animals or kids. In our case I want flyscreening plus security so will be going with stacking security screens, they retract in the same way as the stacker doors. This pic is from Jason Windows, but there should be similar manufacturers in each state.

• Vy
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

We don't have them..we open our bifolds wide in Summer ..flies are not too bad but the wasps is what I'm worried about..have lived 4 years without it..so not too bad..I just have to remember to open it wide so it goes in and goes out the court yard..

• how2girl
    7 år siden
    @Wuff good to hear. We've settled on the stacker doors for those same reasons, for the project. Have bifolds at current house & I like them but at time of installation approx. 8 yrs ago we wanted them to fold inwards so we could screen them, oh no never heard of that, can't do that (they said). Of course now that's all possible, consequently rarely are they opened fully. At least we have a fixed/opening door on one side of the bifold set & also another single security screened door at the back of the house as a main entry point that we leave open all day.
  • Kat
    7 år siden

Hi Wuff, what company may I ask and what state are you in?, looking at installing a reverse angle stacker door to the picture shown - thanks

• marie4509
    6 år siden

hi @antoniafelstein - did you find a solution for this? Thanks

• bargainhunter
    6 år siden

Our home that we purchased four years ago has no flyscreens at all. At first we were thinking ????? but there are no flies here! Our previous house was on the beach and inundated with flies. Still on the water here (canal) but none. Don't understand it but its great!

• Taner Secgin
    5 år siden

Hi I am renovating my house and will have two stackers that open up to alfresco. Need a fly screen solution. Can anyone recommend a business in Melbourne for me?

• PRO
    Meta Blinds
    4 år siden

We supply & Install retractable fly screens in Melbourne. They are a good option for corner slacker doors. We have installed them for a few houses already, so they are a good option. Feel free to contact us anytime to find more info or to get a quote. We are happy to help.

• crispayton
    4 år siden

A retractable fly screen is a good option. It can prevent insects from going in but other uninvited guests might still find a way to get inside your property. If you’re also thinking of upgrading your security, you can opt for security screens like this but customize it to make it retractable:

Its unique design doesn’t require additional crossbars through the middle of the door in order to meet Australian Standard as a security door. It's best to choose custom security screens if you want your screens to perfectly suit your exact specifications.

• PRO
    Collaborative Interiors
    4 år siden

Hi Antonia I have the exact same doors in my house, the fly screens will slide either way as the glass door slides, there is a track that runs vertically built into the flyscreen and the other door will lock into this, it will meet at the corner, where the doors will meet to close. I've used stegbar flyscreens

• PRO
    Flyscreen Pty Ltd
    3 år siden

Hi all, you may call "IDeal Retractable Fly Screens" for corner retractables and for other options...

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.