christianmom52

Window treatment

Joan Childs
7 år siden
Should I use wood shutters? If I do then can I still do draperies or valance?

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    Marie P. Interiors
    7 år siden

Shutters are meant to stand alone as they are encased all the way around and need to open outward, so a window treatment would have to be above the shutters or only to the sides without blocking the window, throwing off the proper proportion. A good compromise would be wood or wood blinds as they open up and down but give the shutter look. From there add whatever you like to them, it will only add more charm. You have several options for color..go with the wood stain look to match the table, or the white to match the surround moulding...if you go with the wood, it would make more of a statement and become a focal point, and if you go with the white, then the windows would become part of the background making it a perfect starting point for draperies plus keep the room open feeling...but either would work beautiful. Good luck!

Joan Childs thanked Marie P. Interiors
  • torreykm
    7 år siden

Side panels look lovely with shutters. You need some softness in the room. I would choose drapery panels rather than valances in your space.

Joan Childs thanked torreykm
  • imhofan
    7 år siden

Shutters are perfect for this room; 3" slats. I would definitely select a white shutter. Mount your panels well outside of the window opening with the leading edge just covering the trim. Love your wall color!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år siden

I hate wood shutters so no comment about them . I like a blind or solar shade to keep out heat and sun to prtect the wood I love drapes in a DR so that would be my suggestion it gives a feeling of elegance and I would run them across both windows together . Lower the art work so that the center of it is at eyelevel when seated since that is how it is viewed in this space . Take the placemats off the table , the trya off too just a nice colorful piece is all you need there . The shelf piece with the baskets has no purpose. If you need the extensions on the table everyday leave them if not just the table without them works . I think a sof sage green linen would be nice for drapes or if the prints above work in the space they would be nice too, please make sure the drapes are full which IMO if light material means 3 x fullness and grommets make opening and closing simple and keeps the drapes from looking too formal.

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    7 år siden

Oh my YES SHUTTERS!

Perhaps full, multi-sectioned, allowing great light control, as well as privacy when dining.

Or perhaps just a half Cafe shutter, allowing natural light from the top to pour into your space.

Shutters are stunning, and in your home, they would be PERFECT.

• PRO
    Decorator Depot LLC
    7 år siden

Shutters would look great in this room.

• Joan Childs
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Great feedback
    Getting price quotes. Could be deciding factor between blinds or shutters. Thanks for compliments
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.