indiafrancis

Light grey greige paint

7 år siden
Hi !!
does anyone know of a uk based nice light warm grey/ greige paint for a dark downstairs hall but a light landing? No tones of lilac or blue- would rather be browny!

Thanks

(55) kommentarer

• PRO
    7 år siden

Zoffany Quarter La Seine/Half La Seine further up

• 7 år siden
    How funny on my shortlist are skimming stone, Egyptian cotton and zoffany quarter silver! I'll check out the la seine one! I haven't seen skimming stone yet but I have Egyptian cotton and thought it was the one (sample in pic) however it needs tauper to go with the curtain fabrics I've chosen which are actually very tauper grey!
  • 7 år siden
    You will find Egyptian cotton is more or less as dark as elephants breath but a bit more browny.
  • 7 år siden
    Have you looked at homebase Putty -it is a light Greige, tho may be too light.
  • PRO
    7 år siden

I suggest either Benjamin Moore Ballet White:

or Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois:

• 7 år siden
    Hi everyone still looking for a paint! Driving me nuts- if anybody ever needs a grey sample I think I have them all!! ! Dulux Egyptian cotton is a fab tone just really dark on my walls as its north and little light! Is there a lighter alternative?
    Skimming stone came out too pinky, dulux just walnut - too lilac, dulux dusted moss 2 - too dark and bluey, crown come on in- too dark and too blue... I realise I may be better looking for a tinted white...any clues??
  • 7 år siden
    Have you tried these? The white is lovely.

http://earthbornpaints.co.uk/colours/
  • 7 år siden
    I too swear by homebase putty. We've used it for years. It is a little thin and have tried colour matching it, but they never quite match the perfect, not pink, not yellow of this light beige.
  • 7 år siden

I I haven't seen it in person but Fired Earth Alabaster looks as if it could work

• PRO
    7 år siden

We're a bit obsessed with Farrow & Ball so here are a few colours that might work:

Farrow & Ball Dimpse

Rockhouse Barn · Mere information

Or Pavilion Gray

A Scandinavian Woodland Inspired Kitchen · Mere information

There's also F&B Strong White

The Stunning Shaker Kitchen · Mere information

Shaded White

Purbeck Stone

Redland Town House · Mere information

Tallow

A Traditional Country Kitchen · Mere information

Good luck!

• 7 år siden

Hi there,

Little Greene do some brown based greys: Tusk, Limestone or Mortar may do the trick.

Let us know what you decide.

Best wishes,

Kate

www.TheHomeDesignSchool.com

• 7 år siden
    So I have had a little success today- I have found Laura Ashley pale dove Greg however i have heard mixed reviews on this paint and wondered if it showed up blue on anyone's walls? Does anyone know a close alternative to try?
  • 7 år siden

Dulux khaki mist 5 is meant to be a match

• 7 år siden
    Little Greene?
  • 7 år siden
    Or Little Greene...
  • PRO
    7 år siden
    Hi,
    Dimpse by Farrow and Ball is a lovely light tone whilst still having enough colour to give some presence to the room. Works well with Pavillion Grey on the woodwork. I also use Amonite regularly if your happy with a slight French grey tone.
  • 7 år siden
    Can't have anything remotely blue as its for dark north facing room so must be very warm and brown/Taupey X
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Hi Dimpse is slightly khaki which is keeps it warm

• 7 år siden
    Lady Jayne from crown. Love this colour!
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Here are two taupes you may like -

Cedar Key

Stone Hearth

I look forward to your thoughts

• 7 år siden
    Try Johnstone's China Clay... It's gorgeous! Pale minky grey with warm undertones, changes colour with the light... You won't be disappointed!
  • 7 år siden

Laura Ashley light dove grey is a nice taupe grey. My decorator said the quality wasn't too bad either.

• 7 år siden
    Thought I'd give you all an update in case someone else finds themselves in my dilemma! So I have been and colour matched Laura Ashley pale dove Grey at valspar and it has come out pretty good! It has a different finish- I found Laura Ashley Matt when under underneath artificial light went really light and looked almost white whereas the valspar stays true! I'm now just placing it around the house to see how it looks in different lights-if anything I think it may go slightly lilac but then I've looked at some many now I see all sorts!! . I also quite like valspar mink frost- does anyone have experience of this? Anyway I've attached a photo of my samples on the wallpaper ( sorry about pic but it's a miserable day!) top left to right- Laura Ashley pale dove grey, dulus Egyptian cotton, johnstones China clay,bottom left to right-valspar mink frost,valspar Laura Ashley match,valspar goose feathers,bottom dulux pebble shore.
  • 7 år siden
    Oh and I've attached the photo of the valspar code for the colour match to pale dove grey- Laura Ashley
  • 7 år siden
    I like the pale dove grey. The mink one looks slightly green on my screen. The others seem either too dark, too yellow or too beige to me.
  • 7 år siden
    looking for some ideas for a paint colour to go with existing carpet. the carpet is a warm (pinkish) taupe colour and I had initially thought a similar truffle colour for the wall. but I wonder if a contrast would be better. any advice?
  • 7 år siden
    Looks good. Which colour did you go with?
  • 7 år siden
    looks beauuuuuutiful!
  • 7 år siden
    Went with the valspar colour match to Laura Ashley light dove grey! Really decent paint and accurate match to be honest!
  • PRO
    7 år siden

I have used two greys in a dimly lit hallways recently i would suggest Papers & Paints

SC374 which is a warm pale grey yet reflects plenty of light or for a shade slightly darker Papers & Paints SC490

• 7 år siden
    I took the picture of the paint that you got match d up to valspar but they've said that they need to know the base colour - which is usually either an 'a,b or c'. Help!
  • 7 år siden
    Hi suraiyap I have just phoned them and they used base A xxxx
  • 7 år siden
    Hi i've found myself in the same situation visited Valspar with the codes in your photo but they said they couldn't do it as they wouldn't know the quantities of each needed to do the right mix. The colour in your hall is the best i've seen on my search. Did you take an LA colour card or was it a paint sample to Valspar?
  • 6 år siden

This is such a useful post. On the pot you photographed it says 1 measure of 8913, 26 measures of 8988 and L meaning light for 8991. That is how I would read it but may be wrong. If it is I am going to use this for living room and hall, stairs and landing. Thank you for going to all this trouble. Think you are an expert after all this!!!

• 6 år siden
    Hi guys
    I have slowly been doing my house in this colour and valspar change the codes slightly when their software updates apparently . This was my last pot and most recent- it is a 5 litre tub. I think the codes change dependant on the pot size but I'm sure they can work it out. Hope it helps
    Thanks xx
  • 6 år siden

Sorry to be a pain but I can’t read the amounts next to the codes even when enlarged they just blur. X

• 6 år siden

Do you still love the colour. If you were doing a feature wall with it what would you choose. A darker shade of the same or maybe a grey/mauve/violet?

• 6 år siden
    Hi the code is
    8916 +12/16
    8920. +2/16
    8988. 1x1 +2/16
  • 6 år siden
    I love the colour still! It's the perfect Greige I think. In one room I have it more with a taupe and in another grey grey. If I were to do a feature it goes well with loads- navy, blue, grey, taupe, burgundy?
  • 6 år siden
    Elephants breath by farrow and ball is like a darker shade of it or Egyptian cotton from dulux I think?!
  • 6 år siden

Thank you for all this information. Lovely colour.

• 5 år siden

Thank you so much for all this info. Does anyone happen to have the colour mix code for a valsper sample tin. Took the codes today and they said they can’t scale the size down enough for a sample pot and obviously I want to try the colour in our lighting first?

• 5 år siden

This is for the LA pale dove grey to valsper*

• 5 år siden
    I could have written this description for my study. After trying lots of tester pots, I eventually went with Mortar by Little Greene and have been really pleased with the results.
  • PRO
    5 år siden
    F&b strong white is a very light grey
  • 5 år siden
    Dulux. Just walnut is a lovely warm grey. Have used it in two rooms now. One with a grey carpet and the other with walnut work surfaces.
  • 3 år siden

so, indiafrancis, what color is this and who makes it????

• 3 år siden

Thanks

• sidste år

Hi what is this colour call x

Sponsoreret

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.