kamccauley

Grass, gravel, or fake grass?

Karen
7 år siden

We are in the process of landscaping our back yard. There is an area that will be about 10 x 20 ft. separate from patio hardscape and a more woodsy area. I am wondering people's thoughts on whether to use pea gravel, fake grass, or some kind of grass that doesn't need mowing, for a little sitting area, maybe put in a firepit or something. My landscaper says fake grass is great but looks terrible in the winter when everything else is not green (we're in Utah). Would love to hear your views. House and landscape is traditional.

(7) kommentarer

• cretan64
    7 år siden
    Pea gravel or flagstone, both are very nice.
    Karen thanked cretan64
  • PRO
    Beach Bum Turf Co.
    7 år siden

We are partial to the artificial turf.

• ycity
    7 år siden
    We have all of the things you mentioned and all great!

Im especially fond of pavers and flagstones with either 1) river rock, 2) dymondia or thyme, or 3) artificial turf in between the pavers/flagstones.
  • ycity
    7 år siden
    Also the no mow grass we have used is buffalo grass and mondo grass. Our buffalo grass goes dormant in the winter and needs sun.
  • baileysr
    7 år siden
    Fake grass sounds really terrible to me. Whatever you do, make it real not fake. Pea gravel can be problematic because it gets kicked around easily and drifts when it rains. Low maintenance plantings like some have suggested would be great.
  • hannahlouisecarrier
    5 år siden

Definitely get artificial grass! If you get good quality turf, it looks very authentic, you can choose the right tone of green you think is right for all year round and it looks immaculate with so little effort! We went with Maze Grass and couldn't be happier with their service and effort!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.