hzdeleted_30621197

Kitchen blinds ideas

7 år siden
Hi. My kitchen is painted white with one aubergine colour feature wall. The units are gloss white and worktop is white Quartz with slight grey fleck. I need some blinds for the two windows and curtains for the patio doors. Any ideas for style/colour? Thanks

(23) kommentarer

• PRO
    7 år siden

We'd be very pleased to help you with your soft furnishings - have a look at our website for examples and get in touch if you'd like to work with us.

• PRO
    7 år siden
    Hello, without physically seeing the room and the amount of light it's always hard to suggest window dressings, but if you want to keep that minimal look then consider conservatory blinds for the patio doors instead of curtains as they fit inside the frame, you could get same for the windows. Pale grey would tie in with your worktops and provide a contrast to the white frames but not take any focus from the feature wall - lovely colour choice btw. If you don't like the idea of minimal/pleated blinds and want curtains on the doors, then I'd still recommend the pale grey but perhaps Roman blinds for the windows. A geometric print like Hex from Prestigous Textiles would add some pattern. Their stone colour way is actually a lovely soft grey. Amelia
  • 7 år siden
    Hi. Thanks for your comments! I don't want anything to minimal as I prefer the homely look. Could Roman blinds work for the doors too? :)
  • PRO
    7 år siden

Roman Blinds will give you a smart, tailored look and that doesn't sound like the homely look you want. To soften the look of blinds you could add dress curtains and use the blinds for privacy. I think you should incorporate the colour of your feature wall in the soft furnishings fabric. If you want to read about using colour this blog post may help you: https://signatureinteriorsblog.com/2016/08/06/how-to-handle-colour/

• 7 år siden
    I like the idea of dress curtains to soften, another problem I've got is varying room above the Windows. How much room should you have above the Windows,between the window and ceiling to accommodate roman blinds?
  • 7 år siden

I'm thinking roman blinds, outside the window frames. Either in a fabric that has the aubergine colour in with curtains that pick up on another colour in that fabric. Or you could go for more subtle grey/white options.

• 7 år siden
    Wow thanks for that carolins! It helps to see what it looks like! Would never have though of something like that. I quite like the geometric fabrics but struggling to find something,What is the name of the floral fabric that you used in the picture? :)
  • 7 år siden

It's a Harlequin fabric, called Floreale. But to be honest, the pattern probably is too large for your Roman blinds. I just picked it because I liked the colours.

• 7 år siden
    Oh yes it is quite large! :)
  • 7 år siden

I like this one too.

• 7 år siden

And the hex pattern that Amelia Wilson posted is nice.

Or thiszigzag or one of the other ones in that collection?

• 7 år siden
    Do you like any of these?
  • 7 år siden

Yes! I like them both. Definitely order samples before you commit to having something made.

• 7 år siden
    Thank you. I'm having a pale grey sofa in the kitchen and I'd i like to mix some different pattern cushions on the sofa, mainly geo/ikat type. Could I do this with either of the blinds I picked out? :)
  • 7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I think so, depending on the patterns and colours you'll choose for the cushions.

I found most of these on Etsy

• 7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

If you go for made to measure patterned blinds, see if you can order some extra fabric for a couple of cushions or maybe they'll even make cushions for you?

• 7 år siden
    That looks absolutely great! I shall order some samples tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to do that :)
  • 7 år siden

You're welcome :-) Keep us posted if you like.

• 7 år siden
    Hi carolins. I've just had a look on etsy. Did you search for lime or chartreuse? I Can't find those ones and I love them! :)
  • 7 år siden
    They were under Green in the popocolor shop
  • 7 år siden
    John Lewis has some nice ones too
  • 7 år siden
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.