ttpunchie

Suggestions for kitchen backsplash

ttpunchie
7 år siden
We have a Spanish style home in California. We really love this Sinfonia hexagon tile for our kitchen floor. We plan to have white kitchen cabinets and darker countertops.
Any suggestions for our back splash tile?

Thanks!

(16) kommentarer

• torreykm
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I have no suggestions for you backsplash, but that tile is stunning! Do you have a photo of your countertop material?

• PRO
    #KrisFordRealtor
    7 år siden
    I would choose a white subway tile or even blue glass backsplash would be sharp!
  • stephryandesign
    7 år siden
    That tile is awesome and full of character. Picking something a little retro, would tie that in, but the fact that its new will keep it fresh looking.
    I would say go for something in a natural material. I've seen wood, box tops with a clear glaze to protect it from moisture. Maybe cork, also with some sort of moisture-proof application.
  • YoungPeony
    7 år siden
    Dragonfly Tile, I agree 100%. The floor is so beautiful and the tiles you suggest are a great compliment.
  • J D
    7 år siden
    Do you like an arabesque tile? It would add to the Moroccan/Spanish style
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 år siden

The floor is already the star. Whatever your solid surface, and I hope it is plain, I would run it right up the splash!!: )

• emmarene9
    7 år siden

Arabesque with same color grout. Light blue would be nice. Please share your finished floor. It is impressive.

• dcurlsbennett
    7 år siden
    Where did you find the floor tile? Gorgeous! Backsplash tile with matte finish. Let your tile floor be the star.
  • PRO
    Modern Rustic
    7 år siden

Depending on the height of your cabinets, a large natural stone tile (in a lighter hues that can be found in the floor tile) would look amazing....it would reflect the rustic natural feel of the floor without distracting from it! Amazing floor tile! Or possibly a natural stone in more of a brick pattern.

Be sure to post piccies once its finished..... sounds like you have some great style choices going on!

• User
    7 år siden

The first thing I thought of was exactly the color n style that dragonfly posted with the first choice. Can u tell us the color of the countertop? I def think u should let the floor be the main attraction n the backslash compliment it. Beautiful choice. :)

• Jillian - Interior design student
    7 år siden

Love the tile, but maybe not with white cabinets. Consider a blue island -or- blue lower cabinets.

Dilemma · Mere information

• J D
    7 år siden
    I said arabesque earlier, and I think you should not do a blue or anything like that. I think it should be cream (like in the flooring). Arabesque is already very unique and decorative. I think going w a blue arabesque would be taking too much attention away from the floor, since it's already such a unique tile (the arabesque).
    If you wanna go w the light blue, I'd do the subway tile like someone mentioned above
  • maree85
    7 år siden

Your kitchen is going to be fantastic. I have to say I was thinking light gray tile but I like all of Dragonfly's choices. What's better in the end might depend on your counter color.

• ttpunchie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you for all the ideas! We were planning to border that floor tile with a orange-red Spanish tile border. Cream cabinets for main and light blue/gray island cabinets
  • mzapper
    7 år siden

I think more of a square shaped tile or Arabesque would work better with your gorgeous floor!...and nothing shiny - more of a matte...and if you can work in a little tile like your floor - would be amazing!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.