chris_parnell

Plants for pots

Chris Parnell
7 år siden
sidst ændret:7 år siden

Hey guys
i have this path to my front door, i was after some advice on what to plant in the pots. the pots are 50com by 10cm and i didn't want anything to tall.
i have looked at liriope muscari and dracena, this this may be to tall.
thanks

(11) kommentarer

• macyjean
    7 år siden

With all the heat reflected off the surrounding hard surfaces Grotec Landscape Solutions makes a good point about the pots drying out. How short do you want? I have liriopes that look like no more than thick grass. The ones that get full sun don't look as lush by the end of summer though.

• LesleyH
    7 år siden
    I would use one of the soft weeping grasses to soften the area. There are more dwarf ones around.
  • Gallifrey
    7 år siden

These pots are quite small and as pointed out above, will dry out. Why are you using these pots and not just planting straight into the ground? Your have plenty of room to do some really nice planting.

• Vy
    7 år siden

You need bigger wider.. deeper pots..the pots look too small and not wide enough to make an impact on the look of the house as a whole as well as keeping the plants healthy..

I'd get pots at least twice as deep and twice as wide..

• Gallifrey
    7 år siden

Where are you located? You could use fountain grass (pennisetum), if the climate suits. Photo of our garden below. Grows really fast an I love the look. Also comes in a red colour, but I prefer the green.

• Chris Parnell
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    yeh have looked at some succulents im not sure im a fan.

i only want something small and not to encroaching on the pathway or driveway. later there will be a garden infront of the windows to the right and the other side of the driveway.

the better half and myself havent really found anything we like that will be small enough.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    Cordylines
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    You need pots much bigger so plants don't dry out it looks like a sunny spot.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    I just had another look why do you need pots , just plant in the ground much better for plants you can find ornamental grasses in all sizes and colours and they don't need much maintenance .
  • macyjean
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

So what about the liriopes, was it only the size that bothered you or are you not that keen on them anyhow?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.