mahlmga

Kitchen island

Greg Mahlmeister
7 år siden
Looking to extend the island counter top, so we can have a few stools/ eating area. Currently have one granite color throughout the whole kitchen. Thinking about changing the island granite color, but not sure what would work. Please advise.

Thanks,
Greg

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    SPATIUM
    7 år siden

I think about wood.

• baileysr
    7 år siden
    Wood is a wonderful countertop for a seating area, because you can lean against it without freezing your belly or arms. A lightly stained walnut countertop would be pretty. Or, if you want stone, you could try something white with brown/gold, so it contrasts with the perimeter countertop and also with the island cabinet base.
  • Mia P.
    7 år siden

For the island granite color, I would go for a lighter granite that matches better with the lighter wall colors and brightens up the room in general.

• PRO
    Powell Homes & Renovations
    7 år siden

A light/white colored quartz material would be a nice contrast and look lovely with your white backsplash

• PRO
    Powell Homes & Renovations
    7 år siden

Check out Pental quartz BQ 100P Thassos Polished

• User
    7 år siden

What is your plan for support for the additional overhang? What is the aisle clearance behind he island currently? You need to solve the logistics before worrying about the aesthetics.

• D A
    7 år siden

Honestly, it looks like the island belongs in a different kitchen because of the wood color. I would paint it white, so it coordinates with the rest of your wood facing. I think that would make your kitchen look more open and unified. Once you do that, I'd either keep that granite color the same or go with stainless steel. That will bring your kitchen together! Hope that helps.

• Greg Mahlmeister
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    I was thinking a lighter color or wood also.
  • Greg Mahlmeister
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank u all, I have plenty of room for 3 small to medium stools. The right color counter top and stools should finish the space nicely.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.