monika11111

Kitchen splashback advice needed

monika11111
7 år siden

Hi there,

I am not sure which splashback to choose. Should I add some colour or keep it simple? I considered grey glass, marble or antique mirror. My kitchen looks a bit bland at the moment.

my kitchen · Mere information

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    The ALNO Store Bristol
    7 år siden

I noticed the lime coloured chairs in your dining area so why not brighten the kitchen up by matching the colour? We offer a complete colour matching service service for our glass splashbacks.

monika11111 thanked The ALNO Store Bristol
  • PRO
    Equilibrando... Space Planning with Feng Shui
    7 år siden

Hi Monika,

I think I would keep it simple but it would be a good idea to add some colourful details to your kitchen. How about getting some more plants? The corners of your sink island scare me a little bit, I would recommend to put one small plant on the top of one of them and another big one on the floor on the other side to kind of cover them. / Marcin

• PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    7 år siden

Hi Monika, We have recently supplied and installed this colour splash back for our client which would work well in your kitchen as it will be timeless... please also look at our projects on glass walls and splash backs. Next week we will be installing antique mirror in a bathroom.

monika11111 thanked Croydon Window Company Ltd
  • monika11111
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you all. I think I would prefer marble tiles rather than coloured glass. I am worried that lime coloured glass will look cheap.

• minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi. I personally would keep it quite classic with marble or antique glass. I think you just need to add a few accessories. A potted herb on the worktop with maybe a wood and marble pestle and mortar. Perhaps some good quality faux flowers on the island (or real) so continuing with the green. A couple of copper bowls or fruit bowl may also look nice on the island. Would just add different textures for vase, pot, bowl etc. Rooms looks great though.

• monika11111
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you Minnie. I really like your suggestions.

• PRO
    DAP Construction
    7 år siden

Personally I think I would keep kitchen simple
    but I would have add few things like some designer lights, antique glass
    and luxury vase.

• PRO
    Davonport Kitchen & Home
    7 år siden

Hi Monika11111.

Choosing a splashback is a difficult decision as you have to balance the aesthetic you're looking for with the practicality of day-to-day use. The style of your kitchen leaves you with plenty of choice when it comes to choosing a splashback, everything from metro tiles to coloured glass would look great in your space. We've recently written a blog on splashback options and some key points to consider. Hopefully it will help you with your decision.

Kind regards, Davonport.

monika11111 thanked Davonport Kitchen & Home
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    Check out Dekton. They have a dramatic looking marble pattern in their collection and it's virtually indestructible. It would be one sheet, so no grout lines.
    Kitchens · Mere information
    monika11111 thanked Carolina
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.