brodiez

What colour to paint wood work, down pipes etc

Zoe Brodie
7 år siden
Suggestions on what colour to paint the wood boarding, down pipes, possibly the windows, front door of our Victorian villa, love Little Green Paint Company colours, absolutely hate the current colour does nothing for the house, but seems to be a traditional colour in our area but I hate it. Got a couple photos, want to make it more welcoming less dominate, softer. If anyone knows of any apps for tools that you can use to play around with colour choices that would be amazing as well so I can show husband as he needs something to visualise. Thanks in advance

(12) kommentarer

• Juliet Docherty
    7 år siden

Farrow and Ball light grey 17 looks fabulous with brickwork. It has the merest tinge of green so would complement the pink of your stonework.

• Zoe Brodie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks will look into that, I am hopeless with matching / toning colour
  • Juliet Docherty
    7 år siden

I live in a red brick house and have just today had over twenty windows put in in that colour! It looks good which is a big relief.

• gd11
    7 år siden

Would just go with white !

Zoe Brodie thanked gd11
  • Kamila Williamson
    7 år siden
    If you live in a Conservation Area, it might be worth checking local regulations before any paint work begins.
    If there are no restrictions, I would suggest using a neutral colour which will complement the stone and, which you can admire every day, rather than going with currently fashionable colour..
    Zoe Brodie thanked Kamila Williamson
  • minnie101
    7 år siden

Hi Kamila. I hope you don't mind me asking but are you suggesting dark blues would not have been popular during the period ? I have an early Victorian Italian Renaissance style house which needs painting which I want to do in traditional colours. I know stone colours were hugely popular hence my suggestions above but I was originally thinking of a dark blue front door. Would that not be in keeping with the period? I may well change the doors to black though as I think we'll go with purple brown for the Windows. Thanks

• PRO
    Ilze Reinke Interiors Ltd
    7 år siden

Good morning

All very good suggestions above. You will need to consider all. My suggestion is to paint the downpipes that is on the light grey stone in Purbeck Stone of Farrow and Ball and the downpipes on the brick coloured stone in Book room red of Farrow and ball. The reason for this is: Downpipes want to be camouflaged as it is not a feature of the house at all. You want to paint them a colour that will 'hide' them and not make them stand out.

The front door I would paint in hague blue of Farrow and Ball. You will however need to get a Farrow and Ball Card and match it with your stone in order to get the right tones for the stone, red and navy colour.

I would probably paint the window frames in Worsted of Farrow and Ball.

I hope this helps.

Please ask if you need more help.

Have a lovely day to you all.

Ilze

• PRO
  • PRO
    DAP Construction
    7 år siden

I would go with bottle green color. It will look amazing.

• Zoe Brodie
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you IIze, I like the colours you have suggested, however which colour would you paint the wood around the top, the suffit boards I think they are called, I really dislike the current colour would you suggest the purbeck stone? Thanks for you advice Zoe

• PRO
    Ilze Reinke Interiors Ltd
    7 år siden

Hello Brodiez

You can paint the suffit boards in the Purbeck stone or you can go even darker, picking up a colour in the roof tiles.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.