sitbon

Need your ideas for small master bedroom

sitbon
7 år siden
sidst ændret:7 år siden

Hi all. My partner and I would like to refresh our main bedroom but having trouble deciding on a earth toned wall colour, a King size bed head (not base), bedside tables and block-out curtains for this small bedroom in a modern townhouse. Current wall colour and cupboards is Dulux Stowe white, white ceiling with taupe coloured carpets. Currently thinking of painting walls Dulux Russian Toffee and ceiling 1/4 strength or a taupe colour to match the carpet. We are considering a wooden behead possibly floating, to minimise allergies, across the whole width. We also have a cat so thought a fabric bedhead would not be ideal.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on alternative wall colour/finishes, bedhead and side table designs. Need definite storage for books as we both read a lot.

Note window is north facing. We have a small framed postcard of a work by Lucien Freud to work with on same wall in picture below.

(25) kommentarer

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Wheres that from Vy? is it Ikea?

I agree storage makes a massive difference, especially in small spaces. Decluttering can make a room feel instantly larger and more luxurious.

• PRO
    Ella Kate Thrupp
    7 år siden

A sneaky little trick that I've found helps give the illusion of space is swapping the bedside lamps for wall mounted lamps.

• Vy
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Architect Yourself just an idea from the Internet ..easy enough for a cabinet maker to custom made..don't think it's IKEA ..

I just love how simple and classy it is yet so functional..

• Vy
    7 år siden

oopsies ..it is IKEA not my thing..

design is great..quality is not so great..

I love their boxes and baskets but that's it ..their furniture is too flimsy

• Vy
    7 år siden

Ella Kate Thrupp wall mounted ones are very restrictive though ..

I'm still struggling with ours as to remove them means patching up and repaint

In a room like the kids' rooms it also means I can't turn reorientate the bed or move it anywhere else

• PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år siden
    IKEA do have a bedhead with book storage but only up to a queen size but could have something similar made... otherwise depending on your budget you could consider IKEA's lack shelving and agree with the wall mount lights and great art to lift the room. Some examples of techniques (not colour of course)...
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år siden
    Some other ideas...
    sitbon thanked 2 FIND and DESIGN
  • Vy
    7 år siden

2 FIND and DESIGN love the rustic look of that bed end :) very effective :)

• PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år siden
    Another consideration is your air conditioner will stand out a lot more if you do darken the wall behind the bed... and have you thought to mount your tv unit on a swivel arm onto the sort wall between window and cupboards? Will free up floor space
  • sitbon
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thanks Vy. Looking for something a little more elegant than the Ikea but like the idea. Not planning on having a lot of books in the bedroom but a few like I have in my Pic .

2 Find, what is the bedhead in the first image above? thanks

• sitbon
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes, we plan to mount the TV although there is a separate DVD player which may have to go in the cupboard.

• Vy
    7 år siden

sitbon don't blame you not a fan of IKEA furniture either ..was thinking storage wise it was a great idea..

something more like this then ?

http://volumefurniture.com.au/products/teak-burger-floating-bedside-table

sitbon thanked Vy
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år siden
    Sorry sitbon10... which one are you referring to?
  • Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
    7 år siden
    Try introducing a feature wall to your bedroom and incorporate a bedhead with a colour/fabric/texture that could compliment that feature wall.
    sitbon thanked Fiona Anastasia Whitefoot
  • sitbon
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

The first image that shows a floating side table with a grey looking fabric bed head. What design is that? Is there a way to respond to you directly in this application? Can't work it out.

• sitbon
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

I really like these [bed side tables[(https://www.houzz.com.au/photos/north-seminary-contemporary-chicago-phvw-vp~13970763) which are bespoke although too large for my room.

Anything similar, but not as wide, in Australia..ideally Melbourne?

• KK1000
    7 år siden
    This two are from IKEA. I just want to say if you want to paint ceiling then just do 1/2 or 1/4 strength of your wall colour you don't match ceiling to the floor.
  • KK1000
    7 år siden
    From Naturally timber
  • LesleyH
    7 år siden
    Bedworks has this king bed.
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    7 år siden
    I have a feeling it is actually a built in type. Here is a simple solid oak bedhead... no storage though.... then you could look for a modern version of the side tables you have know to still have book storage?
    sitbon thanked 2 FIND and DESIGN
  • girlguides
    7 år siden
    I'd go paler curtains and leave paint colour to lighten room with the bedhead across wall with maybe fixed side tables as with wood bedhead you won't want anymore dark in your room
    sitbon thanked girlguides
  • louise_petersen68
    7 år siden

Maybe add a large feature mirror instead of artwork to reflect more light into the room

sitbon thanked louise_petersen68
  • Sheryl Jenkins
    7 år siden

And/or mirror the cupboards

sitbon thanked Sheryl Jenkins
  • PRO
    User
    6 år siden

It would be great to see what you did with your master closet dilemma, How did it turn it out? Can you share some pictures with us?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.