sadowling

Powder Room... this red has got to go!

sadowling
7 år siden
What are your thoughts/ideas? I can't replace the vanity right now (dark wood with black granite top and gold faucet). I'm thinking of Sherwin Williams denim for the walls and using a rope mirror and replacing the sconces with nautical type lighting. Would love to hear your ideas!

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 år siden

duplicate post

• sadowling
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Sorry this is a duplicate post - I'm new to this Houzz thing.
  • sadowling
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thank you for your opinions everyone! Ugh I don't think I can get away from this formal look without changing the vanity... we bought this house in the SC low country and although it's only 9 years old the decorating looks like older folks did it (including this red patterned wallpaper). I think I'll look into inexpensive modern vanities. Thanks again for taking the time to post.
  • havingfun
    7 år siden

bet if you sell the vanity it will pay for most of the job.

• sadowling
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    WOW.... with all of the input, I'm now thinking of painting walls SW colonnade grey (ceiling white or wallpaper?), looking into replacing granite with white-ish stone, and changing faucets, etc to nickel. There is so much decorating budget needed for this house, but I might as well spend more here. Thank you everyone!!!
  • PRO
    NewWall
    7 år siden

How about scrap all of the red & install wallpaper?

Marble?
    http://www.newwall.com/shop/calico-collection/inverted-spaces-ursa/

Inverted Spaces Wallpaper available at NewWall · Mere information

Textured?
    http://www.newwall.com/shop/jv-collection/metal-coated-cork-4782/

Metal Coated Cork Wallpaper available at NewWall · Mere information

A modern art deco style? Still easy on the eyes!
    http://www.newwall.com/shop/17-patterns/london-deco-a06-ld-01w/

Art Deco Wallpaper available at NewWall · Mere information

Source: newwall.com

• havingfun
    7 år siden

really it was what i was trying to say. it is like having a little jewelry box. don't throw it away. use it to make the room special.

• Erica Stapleton
    7 år siden
    I would work around the sink . Maybe change the faucet on it . Peel and stick wallpaper is very in now . Lots of colors and textures to choose from to brighten it up . Cant really tell what the lighting looks like . Depending on your style , I would update the lighting also .
  • Erica Stapleton
    7 år siden
    Maybe lights like this
  • kmicky
    7 år siden
    I would go with a gray, black, white theme. Gray walls, white mirror. If you have room and need wall art go for black and white.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.