j_sehmbi

Handle-less kitchen units- yay or nay?

Jasmin Sehmbi
7 år siden

Handle-less kitchens have been steadily gaining popularity due to their modern, sleek look. Homeowners often opt for this style for a wide range of reasons but usually to compliment a contemporary kitchen, or to allow other design features to be the focus.

But does the modern aesthetic compromise practicality?

Vote in the poll and let us know what you think in the comment section below!

Torispardon Cottage · Mere information

Yay
Nay
Other

(30) kommentarer

• PRO
    Colin Miles Designs
    7 år siden

They look aesthetically pleasing but one thing to consider is that if you use touch release catches and light coloured doors, the doors can get a bit grubby from constantly being pushed

• PRO
    McEvoy & Rowley
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

We see plenty of customers opting for both, it depends on the style of the house and the customers personality of course! However, the white handleless (as pictured) creates lots of light and clean lines, beautiful.

• maria55667
    7 år siden

Those of us with long finger nails can sometimes struggle with these.

• hapiak
    7 år siden
    I love them mainly because I'm terrible at choosing handles
  • PRO
    Vin-Dec Professional Refurbishment Ltd
    7 år siden

Handless kitchens look amazing!

• esta1977
    7 år siden
    yay
  • PRO
    Roberts Kitchens and Bathrooms
    7 år siden

I think they can look fabulous in a bright contemporary property however, there are some fabulous handles available to dress your kitchen and create a great look.

• Penny Coppin
    7 år siden

I think the ones with a continuous groove along the top of the units are the best compromise - no handles but no grubby finger marks either and still a very streamline look.

• Olena Tkach
    7 år siden

Depends on how they are actually engeneered. I've seen pretty good ones, but there are some where my fingers just stuck when I tried to open them. I must admit, lots of handles do that too, so actually it's not about having or not having handles per se, it's definitely about engeneering that with real people in mind, not good looks only.

• PRO
    Walrow kitchens
    7 år siden

We've manufactured some lovely units with 'touch open' and slow close drawers which have worked extremely well and look fantastic. I also love the streamlined drawer handles which are 'barely there', like these:

• PRO
    The Wood Works
    7 år siden

Some of our clients recently have been loving a modern take on traditional which sees a traditional style door like a shaker with a touch release catch.

Totteridge House · Mere information

• pincroftwizard
    7 år siden

I agree with Olena above depends on how they are engineered. My 30 year old German handle-less doors are brilliant. They are bull nosed, streamlined aesthetically pleasing and convenient. I would like new units but cannot find any as good. Hate the silly little grooved doors of today.

• angelboyman
    7 år siden

They look unfinished to me and an example of another 'trend' that will soon be replaced with then next thing - which will probably be some kind of iPhone based opener and closer - 'look, my trendy kitchen is powered by my iPhone' - YUK!. The last thing I want is a drawer or cupboard full of dirty finger marks from the kids opening and closing the cupboard all day. I can't wait for all the people complaining with 'finger strain' on their joints after pushing to open and pushing to close! I'll stick with handles thanks very much.

• angelboyman
    7 år siden

....and it's funny how the picture that has been chosen shows a 'handle-less' kitchen, but it has to be balanced out with the dresser to the left with the oldest and most common type of wooden turned handle there is - make up your mind kitchen people!

• PRO
    Rymus Ltd
    7 år siden

We've just completed an integrated handle project, and accented it with an LED strip light. It's subtle, and extremely effective.

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

Definitely in favour and definitely look good. Plenty of options available!

• PRO
    Yeo Design
    7 år siden

Handle-less is definitely in at the moment. We personally see it being more practical, no handles to be broken or come lose and also leaves the kitchen open to the possibility of having handles added on in the future, if trends change.

Warwick, Walnut and Painted Modern style Kitchen · Mere information

• PRO
    Wabi Sabi Furniture and Joinery
    7 år siden

Why have a handle on view when you can hide it? Visual distractions if you ask me.

• PRO
    Essex Kitchens & Bedrooms
    7 år siden

Handle-less kitchens are a great contemporary style--very modern.

• PRO
    Presiman Designs
    7 år siden

I think it all depends on the style of kitchen and the style of house and the overall effect you want

• PRO
    56 North
    7 år siden

Handle less kitchens work fine but its all down to the runners used.

• PRO
    Studio G Interiors Ltd
    7 år siden

Over this past two handle-less kitchen have become increasingly popular with our clients, they love the simple, easy to clean minimalist look.

• PRO
    Impressions(Nottm) Ltd
    7 år siden

Not a fan as you leave marks on the door face.

• PRO
    Hunt Architects
    7 år siden

Great for photography, however most of my customers have preferred handles.

• PRO
    MOOi Architecture
    7 år siden

We prefer handle-less or recessed handles! #MOOi!

• PRO
    Morfus
    7 år siden

We love the minimal feel of no projecting handles- see our credenza unit for a great example!

• PRO
    User
    7 år siden

we have been offering this style of kitchen for a few years now and it is getting more and more popular.

• PRO
    Colinton Furniture
    7 år siden

We love the handle-less Kitchen look! Our own office kitchen has it, getting very popular now! Only issue is depending on the material you are using for the cabinets you may be able to see fingerprints/marks, however there are ways to work around this!

• PRO
    E and H Falshaw
    7 år siden

Handleless kitchen doors are the future

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.