tommyflan

POLL: How many light fixtures do you have in your living room?

Tom Flanagan
7 år siden

Lighting is hard to get right and it often takes multiple fixtures - lamps, spotlights, overheads - to set up the perfect ambience.

So when it comes to your living room, how many light fixtures do you have? One lamp, two lamps, three lamps, four.....

Vote below and tell us what your magic number is!

Colourful Islington Family Home · Mere information

+6

(10) kommentarer

• Frankie
    7 år siden

We have a tiny living room, about twelve by fifteen feet including the entry area and doorways to the rest of the house. It has a ceiling light and two small lamps. Since we don't use if for reading or anything that involves the use of bright lighting that's sufficient.

• Sonia
    7 år siden

I have a three arm ceiling light which is very rarely on, and lamps in the four corners of differing heights and styles, which are switched on in the evening.

• Jayk
    7 år siden

Two floor lamps, two pendants (over sofas), one Philips Hue Go for accent lighting (likely to be increased), four track spotlights (for pictures). All dimmable. Good lighting makes a room.

• k11agl
    7 år siden
    Actually, I voted wrong - miscounted!! I have two floor lamps, the ceiling light, a desk lamp in the piano, and desk lamp at the back corner under the eave and a desk lamp that actually serves as a desk lamp, i.e., on the desk!! Six that is then, not three, sorry!!
  • Norren Bird
    7 år siden

17 - thank goodness for LED and low energy bulbs! 4 wall lights, 2 spot lights, 3 pendants, 3 floor lamps, 3 table lamps, an illuminated glass turtle (a present!) and a jar of fairy lights. Obviously we don't use them all at once - normally 2 table lamps for tv watching :-)

• PRO
    Kevin Allsop Architects
    7 år siden

best to use different types of lighting direct and indirect

• Coco Nuts
    7 år siden

Four table lamps, one picture light, three down lighters and a triple arm main light. I use all but the main light every evening.

• PRO
    Voss Interiors
    7 år siden

LED Strip lighting behind a wall mounted TV can combined with subtle in-cabinet lighting add depth and warmth to a room.

• Ribena Drinker
    5 år siden

In the family sitting room, we have a 5 arm pendant light on a dimmer switch, with 3 matching 2-arm wall lights. One further single wall light. We have one desk lamp, and lighting above the glass shelves of the alcove and in the inglenook fire place. The OH also has a floor standing, adjustable angle light for reading.

In the other sitting room we have, 4 down lights, a centre ceiling light with 5 arms, 4 table lamps in the corners, 2 wall lights and lights in shelving alcove and in the wall of bookcases.

Like others have said, they're obviously not on all at once.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.