kammerws

Plantation Shutters cafe style - is this out of style?

Wendy Kammer
7 år siden

I recently went to a fabric store to purchase material for my kitchen windows. I am considering Plantation Shutters Café style with a valence on top. The designer advised that is out of style. Any thoughts comments on her opinion?

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 år siden

I agree in fact I hate plantation shutters period

• apple_pie_order
    7 år siden

Plantation shutters are classics in my area, but full rather than half. The valence is not in fashion.

• PRO
    The Shutter Company
    7 år siden

We install café style shutters often. Check out our Houzz page to get some ideas. Good luck with the project.

• PRO
    Stevens Creek Shutter Company
    7 år siden

Cafe Style Shutters are still done often enough, however they tend to look a little stunted for most applications. With a top and bottom rail taking up at least 8" of the height of a panel, you pretty quickly can get an unbalanced look. Much more common is a full height shutter, with a visible or hidden divider rail which allows you to have the top tilted open, while simultaneously tilting the bottom shut for privacy. This allows for a more balanced look, while retaining the function and openness that you are likely looking for. Good luck with your project!

• chloebud
    7 år siden

Yes...agree with Stevens Creek! When we bought our home the previous owners had valances on several windows with plantation shutters. Also, in our case the windows all have full height shutters. I couldn't get those valances down fast enough.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.