61tinkerbell

Front Entry Console - ?? Pictures

tinker_2006
7 år siden

I posted last week my entry with a couple of benches and received a lot of responses that I should go with a console table. I decided.. to go in that direction! I went to a few stores yesterday and have been hunting online. I photoshopped (not the best photoshopping and not to scale I'm sure) to get a general idea... Here are a few, I would love more help!

**** NOTE: Mirror is NOT the mirror I would be buying - just used as a place setting.

(21) kommentarer

• leelee
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Is the door going to hit the console when it's opened fully? Something doesn't look right.

I was always told "don't decorate behind a door".

I remember the bench and it seems more practical to have a bench in that location but that did leave a big bare wall.

What about adding a very large plant on that wall? Place it beyond where edge of the opened door hits the wall. Just the plant and no console or bench.

Can you Photoshop this plant and pot into your entry?

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

The consoles are actually less narrow than the bench. There is plenty of room to open the door, but it would hit bench or console if wide open

From the corner to the door... 28"

• creative6938
    7 år siden

Bold, colorful table can revamp the space and bring it to life! We love the white console table.

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Here is another I just found

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

this is one from Ethan Allen

• leelee
    7 år siden

That's what I thought. To me that just doesn't look right. You do need something but anything that would be in the way of the door opening fully isn't the right thing for that spot.

What did you think about the plant? It could be like a new member of the family : ) It's tall to tame that wall but doesn't go behind or in the way of the door. I wish I could cut and paste it in there but don't know how.

• leelee
    7 år siden

A table just seems superfluous in that spot. I like that word. Not too many chances to use it.

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Here's the plant, it looks nice enough, but I think the table would be much more useful.

• leelee
    7 år siden

Do you enter/leave your home through the front door or is that for mainly guests?

I like the plant there but it would need to scoot about 15 inches away from the door.

You need a space filler and a plant always adds so much to any room. It looks great.

• Wendy
    7 år siden
    For some reason having a console on the same wall as the hutch bugs me. How about a wall mounted ledge with a mirror?
  • tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Wanjes, that's an option I haven't thought of..
  • tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

For those who didn't see the bench post last week...

• Bailey R
    7 år siden

I still like the bench... like wanjess, agree that hutch & console look "off" for some reason.

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Yes, looking back on the bench photo, I DO like the bench too. Think I'll move it back there and live with it awhile!

• Wendy
    7 år siden
    I like that bench :)
  • C Priday
    7 år siden

Definitely the bench!

• PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    7 år siden

Whatever you do, put the piece far enough down from the door so the door won't hit it. Not just in terms of damage to the door and the console, but it also looks funny, like you're trying to fit something in that just doesn't fit. A small table or ledge would be better

• tinker_2006
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Still haven't done anything in this area. :( Using a "temporary" console from Homegoods...

• HWALMAY
    7 år siden
    Awwww! Maybe consider having a shelf made to your specifics. Maybe like a half moon shape. Make it substantial enough to hold its own on the wall and add some nice corbels underneath. Then you can add a decorative mirror above it. Position it far enough away from the door so it won't hit it. Underneath the shelf ..Homegoods always have nice textural baskets and such.
  • PRO
    Denise Ward Interior Design
    7 år siden

Hi, I think there is too much wood furniture with the large piece and then another wood piece right next to it. Why not try a long piece of canvas artwork with color or a grouping of Artwork - could even be dimensional art pieces. This would bring interest to the large wall space as soon as you enter your residence. Would be pretty to look at thru the glass door. This would solve your problem of the door hitting the furniture piece as well. Have a great day.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.