josefinaboston

Take down a wall?

Josefina
7 år siden

Hello! I'm in the process of buying a house in east London. Super excited - and even thought we just started the process to buy it (fingers crossed it all goes well), I'm starting to think about all the things I would do with it.

This is part of the floor plan - and want to take the wall between lounge and dining room. How much do you think it would be to do this? (I do not yet know if this is a load-bearing wall - it is a pretty standard Victorian house).

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    N7 Design Studio Ltd.
    7 år siden

Hi, your best option is to contact a structural engineer who will confirm which walls in your property are loadbearing. Just because walls are loadbearing, it doesn't mean that they cannot be removed. They will however, be more expensive to remove as structural beams, support etc. will be required.

Looking at your plan, I would consider removing the section of wall in the dining room adjacent to the stairs. This looks like a pretty narrow corridor anyway.

I hope you find this useful and good luck with the purchase of the house.

• PRO
    Josefina
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you! Very helpful. I will do this indeed, once we're in. I will also ask if I can get any info from the agent selling about which walls are what. Good idea about that dining room wall, we've been thinking about that too.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.