hzdeleted_24119476

Dreaming of Danish "hygge": What do you do on cold winter days?

User
7 år siden

When the days are getting darker and Christmas is just around the corner, we Danes are all about "hygge". Candle light, being together with friends and family, sitting in front of the fire place with a hot "gløgg": all that is "hygge".

But what are you doing on cold winter days and how does "hygge" look at your home?

BARK cushion styling · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    indigozest
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Being Danish myself, this has been an experience and feeling that
    I have grown up with and I try to create a Hygge experience in everything that
    I do. I always start December with an open house invitation to start of the festive season with family,
    friends and neighbours. Glogg, Aebleskiver and Marzipan making. A homely togetherness through shared moments and experiences,
    including eating and playing boardgames.

User thanked indigozest
  • Sarah Chalker
    7 år siden
    Being a Dane too, I always feel that hygge is part of every day life. For example.. at the moment we're going through a major kitchen reno and have no water on ground floor of house plus cooking on camp stove. In the midst of all this dust, madness and general craziness (with two small children) we still have lovely tea lights lit every day, enjoy a nice coffee and afternoon snack as a family etc etc. I'm amazed how the works has all of a sudden cottoned on to the word 'hygge'. It's like some new obsession
    User thanked Sarah Chalker
  • PRO
    User
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Dear indigozest and Sarah, your posts are so inspiring. Thanks so much! indigozest, I love the idea of inviting friends to start the holiday season. And Sarah, I believe your hygge-construction-kids-balance is just the way to go. Despite the mess, it really sounds cosy :) Best Nele | Yndlingsting

• PRO
    MTA Architecture & Design
    7 år siden

Being married to a Swede, 'higgle' is the only way to survive the long dark winters. Cozy candle lighting, creating intimate zones within living rooms and kitchens are essential to sculpt out warmth in the winter and have to be completed with a glass of Glögg and home made ginger bread shared with friends!

User thanked MTA Architecture & Design
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.