becki_carnahan

Range hood vent

Becki Carnahan
7 år siden

I'm looking at the chimney type of range hood vent. I prefer the look of the one with the glass around it but am concerned about how hard it will be to keep it clean verses the all stainless steel model. Any advice please? Thank you.

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    B R A D J E N K I N S I N C
    7 år siden

Hi Becki, are you looking for an island hood or a wall mount hood? Here is a link to some info mostly about island hoods, however, there is some good general hood info to consider as well:

Doesn't Suck

And yes, the glass is a constant battle to keep clean. I would go with stainless unless you are a vigilant daily cleaner!

Becki Carnahan thanked B R A D J E N K I N S I N C
  • PRO
    Dennisbilt Fine Cabinetry & Design
    7 år siden

Just something simple that is to much to clean

Becki Carnahan thanked Dennisbilt Fine Cabinetry & Design
  • Becki Carnahan
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Do You mean that the glass will be too hard to clean?

• Judy Mishkin
    7 år siden

it wont be hard to clean, but it will be a daily task.

Becki Carnahan thanked Judy Mishkin
  • chiflipper
    7 år siden

I prefer glass as it is easier to clean and you don't need to be concerned about "the grain" when wiping.

Becki Carnahan thanked chiflipper
  • PRO
    Victory Range Hoods
    7 år siden

Hello Becki Carnahan , Both of the range hood types you are considering have its pros and cons.
    If you cook a lot, the glass type of range hood is not the best one, as the suction will be mainly concentrated in the middle. When it comes to cleaning, you will have to clean it probably daily, as the glass accumulates a lot of dust.
    The pyramid type range hoods are always the best ones, as the blowers are installed in the middle, but since the body is a pyramid and it is open inside, the suction will be even through the entire length. Cleaning the all stainless steel range hood is not required as often, as the dust is not as visible as the glass type range hoods.

Please if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards!

KitchenHoods.ca

Becki Carnahan thanked Victory Range Hoods
  • Becki Carnahan
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Very helpful everyone. thank you. going with the all stainless. thanks much!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.