yvette724

Black or White Countertops with Dark Wood Floors

yvette724
7 år siden

We're updating our kitchen. The appliances will be stainless steel (replacing microwave with vent hood), the cabinets will be repainted white, and the floors are already dark hardwood.

We're having trouble deciding between Jet Black quartz countertops with marble backsplash, Rococco, and Minuet. If Rococco or Minuet then probably a gray backsplash.

We love the pictures we see of black countertops and marble backsplash, but fear it will make our kitchen look too dark and small. We also love the look of the white quartz, but Minuet seems like the "safe" choice and Rococco appears a little busy.

I've attached pictures of our kitchen as well as the dining room, fireplace, and stairs that you can see from different parts of the kitchen. Also attached the samples of the countertop.

Suggestions please?

Rococco, Jet Black, Minuet

(15) kommentarer

• auntthelma
    7 år siden

I like Rococco. It looks like the fireplace surround.

• Susan Mooney
    7 år siden

Rococco or Minuet but not the jet black.

• acm
    7 år siden

Black with that dark floor will really make your room feel dark, especially compared with the light counters you have now. Don't do it.

• PRO
    Heart of the Home
    7 år siden

Rococo looks fantastic on white cabinets, the Minuet (while really nice) tends to get lost IMO. I agree that black on the tops would be too dark with your floor.

St Charles Residence · Mere information

The island in this photo is Rococo with a Black Absolute on the perimeter. The Black works in this kitchen because the flooring is not dark and there is a lot of natural light in the space.

• yvette724
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    OK. Thank you all for the input. We actually do have a lot of natural light in the kitchen although it doesn't look like it in the pictures I posted.

Here is a gray backsplash tile we found before we looked at the countertop options.
  • yvette724
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Also, this is my first time posting and when I originally posted this question I left out "in kitchen". So I edited it, but it created 2 separate posts and I'm getting responses on both. Is there any way to merge them?
  • yvette724
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks for the input. We're highly likely going with the Rococo. Any opinions on these backsplash options? We're thinking the gray because the blueish one gives off a beach vibe to me, and we don't live close to the beach (unfortunately!).

Also, with the gray one it was suggested to use a dark grout. I think white or a light gray would look better. Thoughts?
  • yvette724
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Here's how the gray backsplash looks with white grout (or similar) versus how a similar gray tile looks with darker grout.
  • yvette724
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Finally getting a chance to share my pics of the Rococo countertop. I love how it looks. Thanks for the advice!
  • CLC
    7 år siden

Beautiful update! I love your kitchen

• teechor
    6 år siden

Love how this came out!! I'm working on making some similar changes to my kitchen. Can you share what the flooring is? And approx cost for countertops per sq foot?

• yvette724
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    @teechor: Thank you. The flooring came from reallycheapfloors.com. It's solid hardwood. I can't remember the exact name, but it was something like Sportsman something Brown. Our countertop was $63/sqft.
  • teechor
    6 år siden

Ok, thanks so much!!

• yvette724
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    @teechor you're welcome!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.