rndewar

Hardwood flooring dilema

Ric
7 år siden

Need your advice! Mirage Maple Charcoal hardwood choice for entire house- good idea or too dark? Or to grey? Enough Brown in it?

Thoughts? Anyone picked this?

(14) kommentarer

• User
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

Much too dark and not enough graining. It will always show footprints and wear and tear. A medium natural color with a prominent grain is always the best choice for longevity and ease of care. Like natural oak.

• PRO
    TORLYS Floors
    7 år siden

We'd be able to assist more if you have some photos of the rooms where the floor would be going, especially the kitchen (since the way your floor, cabinets, and countertop interact may change how you feel about the floor on its own).

A dark hardwood will show footprints, dust, and pet hair (if you have any). It can be really challenging to get clean. The more natural the colour, the easier to keep clean!

• Ric
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you for your reply. I have no pictures to show as it is a new build, and I have to make these choices for the build. No kids, no pets. The cleaning part is not to much of a concern as I have really dark hardwood now and manage to keep it pretty clean. So, I guess what I am really after is your advice in the choice of color as the charcoal does have a lot of grey in it. Not sure if that "trend color" could be a problem later. And wondering if folks are happy with it once its in, with the grey tone. I have since seen some models with this color and actually really like it. Since you are in the business perhaps you could share what others are buying - in general, Do you see lots of a grey tone in the pre-fab being used in builds or renovations? Much thanks!

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    7 år siden

@live_wire_oak

Excellent points you made there. I wonder what market you are in.

• Ric
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Interesting points. Thank you!

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    7 år siden

Those are beautiful...and HYPER trendy. Super, duper, uber trendy. So long as that is your desire, then enjoy your floor.

You've not told us your market....so there is nothing much more we can offer other than "Hm. That's pretty."

• Ric
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Appreciate your insight. Super trendy doesn't sound like a great idea.. :). Market? its a new suburb, new builds and starting around 500k upward to 1M. This build is a 2600 sq foot single that will come in around 700k all done. Middle of the road price range/market I guess.

• User
    7 år siden

Stick with tried and true natural wood tones and leave the gray fad for the walls. You can paint over them a lot easier than you can replace the floors.

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    7 år siden

Suburb??? Bit vague. By "market" we mean "New York", "L.A.", "Los Vegas", "The Hamptons", "Seattle" ....etc.

• Ric
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Ah! Lol... after reading your previous comments I assumed you meant high end to entry level! No worries.. I'm in Canada... Ontario btw.

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    7 år siden

Ontario is about 1/10 of Canada...which is the second largest single land mass in the world...so suburbs of Sudbury, Timmins or Thunder Bay will have a different vibe than suburbs in the GTA...just sayin'.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.