jenniferbn

How to Accessorize Sofa Table?!

jenniferbn
7 år siden

Help! Any ideas how to accessorize the sofa table?

(14) kommentarer

• oldhousebuffs
    7 år siden

How about replacing the top vase with something a bit more prominent, such as a giant shell?

http://www.wisteria.com/Giant-Clam-Bowl/productinfo/W7424

• PRO
    Kitchens Plus
    7 år siden

you may want to consider doing tall decorative lamps on top on either side. and in the middle having glass bowls with candy or decorative items and maybe some small picture frames. Below you could do books stacked and some small glass jars

• mschwind
    7 år siden
    I did decorative lamps on either side and a basket with blanket on the bottom. looks great
  • mschwind
    7 år siden
    here's a pic
  • jenniferbn
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    Thanks! Would love to do lamps but do not have power source in the middle of room. The cords would have to cross the floors to wall outlets:-(
  • PRO
    Seaside Surfaces LLC
    7 år siden

I prefer some old books on tables placed like this. Perhaps a nice glass art piece, or another type of local art piece. Something bold that stands out. If you were thinking lamps, but don't have outlets, a couple of lanterns with candles would be a nice touch.

• calidesign
    7 år siden

Place something tall on one side of the top, like one of your vases with a branch in it, and a grouping of three shorter things on the other side, maybe your flowers, a small vase, and a candle. Leave the bottom shelf empty, or put a large coffee table book there, or a dark basket of magazines or something you use. You want the focus to be on the top of the table, not the bottom.

• mschwind
    7 år siden
    I cut a hole in the rug under the couch and ran a cord that way
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden
    Might be just the camera angle, but table looks off center of back of sofa. So center it. It is also a bit too long. Best to leave a foot on each end especially in traffic patterns. Having said that, balance items so bigger, wider item are low and if not using lamps, hurricane glass and candles would be good and you can select style to coordinate with other design elements in adjoining rooms. I will post some photos for you to gain focus on what you might like.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

Switchback House · Mere information
    A very minimalist approach. Perhaps something this simple would suit your style.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 år siden

Cottage on Keowee · Mere information
    Here is interesting approach. All the "weight" (items and size) are on the bottom and minimal on top. So, you can see, it largely depends on the lock you like, but personally, I think a simple set of items is the best.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I can’t tell you how often I have used this candelabra. It works on a sofa table just like yours. A bit $$$, but worth it as you can use this piece over and over again. No need to put anything on the lower shelf.

Driftwood Candelabra · Mere information

• kcooz07
    7 år siden

Since you don't have electrical, maybe some hurricanes (as Flo suggested) or lanterns with flameless candles?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.