trsmith0104

Front yard idea

Tonia
11 år siden
What kind of plant is it that is growing on the rocks?
New York Plantings Landscape Designs · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    New York Plantings Garden Design
    10 år siden
    Hi, Smith, Thanks for the question and sorry for the late reply. The green carpet like plants are both moss and spots of sedum. I dont expect the sedum to do well here and the moss will likely take over completely. You can buy "Moss Rocks" from professional nurseries that are actually farmed and will look great in your shady, moist garden areas. The moss can grow naturally but in this case we bought and planted heavily to establish effect. This is a great shady spot with dappled sunlight. I have found moss to grow well in dappled sunlight vs. shade only. The areas need to be moist, but not overly wet. We used one of our specialties, drip irrigation line with built in drip emitters to keep the areas moist from underneath. Moss can be lifted fairly easily and comes up like a tupee' when disturbed too often. It is tough and an be walked on without too much worry.
    If you already see moss growing naturally in the area you want to plant it, then you should have excellent results.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.